Angelina Jolie Gets New Khmer Tattoos in Siem Reap, Cambodia From Thai Tattooist, Ajannoo Kanpai

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Angelina Jolie Gets New Khmer Tattoos in Siem Reap, Cambodia From Thai Tattooist, Ajannoo Kanpai

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

As reported on Facebook by someone who gets tattoos from the same Thai Tattooist:

Does this back look familiar? Yep, that's who you think it is -- and then a funny thing happened in Cambodia - our amazing tattoo artist Ajan Noo just gave Angelina Jolie her fourth and fifth tattoo from him just two weeks after he gave my hubby the same one... the tats are picked based on personality and life -- (Brad Pitt just got one too, although I don't think it's a lotus flower like mine).

Here are her pics from Siem Reap after just getting the tattoos:

And some BEFORE pictures of Angelina Jolie and her tattoos:

And for those of you weirdos with respectable jobs, I'll put this one in a spoiler:
Spoiler:
Also sounds like Brad Pitt got a new tattoo, but no photos to back that up.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
tomatsgn
Tourist

Re: Angelina Jolie Gets New Khmer Tattoos in Siem Reap, Cambodia From Thai Tattooist, Ajannoo Kanpai

Post by tomatsgn »

Haha, I like that "weirdos with respectable jobs" part! Thanks, mate.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Re: Angelina Jolie Gets New Khmer Tattoos in Siem Reap, Cambodia From Thai Tattooist, Ajannoo Kanpai

Post by bkktrapper »

Who cares..........
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

im sure his prices will now go up now hes got the jolie tagline
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

A Thai! I hope he has a work permit! :whip: ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Angelina Jolie Gets New Khmer Tattoos in Siem Reap, Cambodia From Thai Tattooist, Ajannoo Kanpai

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:im sure his prices will now go up now hes got the jolie tagline
Haha, I think they already have. She's had work done by him before:

How Angelina Jolie sparked fury among the tattoo masters of Thailand: Buddhists dismayed as foreigners flock to copy her sacred inkings which are supposed to make the wearer BULLETPROOF

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sters.html

And now we know she's bulletproof.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

that one on the left shoulder...I know two Thai ladyboys that have it. Don't think they need to be bulletproof tho. Never have gotten an answer about what it means/is.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Angelina Jolie Gets New Khmer Tattoos in Siem Reap, Cambodia From Thai Tattooist, Ajannoo Kanpai

Post by General Mackevili »

Mr Curious wrote:that one on the left shoulder...I know two Thai ladyboys that have it. Don't think they need to be bulletproof tho. Never have gotten an answer about what it means/is.
I think the link above explains the meaning. Long, jumbled article though.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i think her first one was done at Wat Bang Phra in Thailand, and it was done by an actual monk, not sure the history of this ajahn, the tattoo on her left shoulder is the Hah Taew, the 5 prayers/spells, and can vary in meaning from monk to monk depending on what prayers/spells he chooses for the person receiving it, the monk will tell the person what he has given, and it is believed that if you brag about the spells to other people it will make them worthless and even give bad karma, they are not meant to be a fashion statement
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

basically what I figured. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic