Cops in Sihanoukville be getting serious

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Cops in Shv be getting serious

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bkktrapper wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:
bkktrapper wrote:Those coppers just ignore local looking barangs I've noticed.
wot does a local looking barang look like exactly?
like he's got no money except for happy hour beers at Charlie harpers and a few late night cans at gday mates.
someone that doesnt look like a smelly backpacker who lives in a dorm

most local looking expats look normal, i dont know if youve noticed, but most locals dress in shirts and trousers, not shorts and tank tops
the expats youre describing look as smart as the smelly backpackers you like hanging around with lol
i go out in jeans and a shirt, and ive never had a drink in charlie harpers or gday mates bar in the 3 years of living here
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: i go out in jeans and a shirt, and ive never had a drink in charlie harpers or gday mates bar in the 3 years of living here
LIAR, you were wearing shorts at the meet up.

:stir: :dragonchase:
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Some folk say oh the cops only doing their job, or they only get $30 a month pay so they have to take tourist money to top it up. So why do they choose this job if now unemployment is so low and the wages really are that shit? . A laborer on a building site could easily find work and earn more $ ! https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/camb ... ty-106803/

And Jamie, you should know there are some top blokes in Gday Mate! :)
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Fourkinnel wrote:Some folk say oh the cops only doing their job, or they only get $30 a month pay so they have to take tourist money to top it up. So why do they choose this job if now unemployment is so low and the wages really are that shit? . A laborer on a building site could easily find work and earn more $ ! https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/camb ... ty-106803/

There needs to be a like button here.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: i go out in jeans and a shirt, and ive never had a drink in charlie harpers or gday mates bar in the 3 years of living here

haha yeah because we was meeting down the beach, and it gets hawwwwt down there lol and tbh they were jean shorts ;) haha glad i did an all as everyone else was wearing shorts, i was out in jeans and a shirt last night at the k440 meet :hattip:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fourkinnel wrote:
i did meet the owner the other day in my friends bar on the square (geordie bloke i believe) i said id pop in for one soon, seemed a nice guy
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

haha yeah because we was meeting down the beach, and it gets hawwwwt down there lol and tbh they were jean shorts ;) haha glad i did an all as everyone else was wearing shorts, i was out in jeans and a shirt last night at the k440 meet :hattip:
Oh I see, we are not good enough to get dressed up for?

Only want to look good for your 440 friends?

:stir:
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fourkinnel wrote:
i did meet the owner the other day in my friends bar on the square (geordie bloke i believe) i said id pop in for one soon, seemed a nice guy
the owner is mick whos oz and the owner upstairs is geordie I think
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

Oh I see, we are not good enough to get dressed up for?

Only want to look good for your 440 friends?

:stir:
haha you know the score mate ;) hahaha
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

had my first encounter this year with the SHV police brigade today...
i drove past a number of posts and none could be bothered stepping out of the shade into the sun, i got round the golden lion round about, driving past the square,
and there was a random outpost there that id never encountered before, they pulled me over,
i was wasnt dressed like a tourist i was even wearing a jacket,
i got off my bike took my helmet off and took out my International drivers permit, handed it to the copper at the desk,
he didnt even open it, said something about "england", handed me it back and said no problem i can go, no dramas,
maybe if i was dressed more as a backpacker/tourist they might have tried asking for money, but nothing.
as i was driving off they pulled over a car with PP number plates being driven by some asians, couldnt really figure out what they pulled them over for either tbh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic