Do backpackers shower?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Do backpackers shower?

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Trappers comment reminded me of this for some reason.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

shnoukieBRO wrote:Sure, in places like Asia, where a single room is so cheap, it don't make sense. But in Europe sometimes you might just have to do dorms. Think Amsterdam for example, they've always been doing dorms. You can meet cool dudes and have fun with people you meet...but yea, if a single room is damn cheap, why choose a dorm, especially when it's so frikkin touristy in Thailand and impossible NOT to meet other travellers.

Whereas, in Amsterdam, a single person might just START off meeting another person in a hostel, as in a dorm friend, etc.
haha true, me and my mate once stayed in a hostel in london as it was right near earls court where we were off to see the arctic monkeys, my mate fucking hated it, i only hated it because it was £15 a night (all the hotels had sold out so it was one of the only options) but £15 at night, for a bed in an 8 bed dorm, i could stay in a nice hotel in cambodia for that price with a private bath tub, i think my mate rang up every hotel in the area trying to find another room, he definitely isnt a hostel person (im not either to be fair) lol and he was the cunt that kept everyone awake snoring all night! :facepalm: :whip:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Trappers comment reminded me of this for some reason.

love gobshite, hes from up our way i think in england, i used one of his songs in one of my boxing vids
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I honestly had no idea that anyone beyond university age would even consider sleeping in a dorm. I'd rather sleep on the street than with a bunch of backpackers. It was bad enough being in a dorm at school and there I was sharing with royalty and members of the modern aristocracy's children.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

TheGrinchSR wrote:I honestly had no idea that anyone beyond university age would even consider sleeping in a dorm. I'd rather sleep on the street than with a bunch of backpackers. It was bad enough being in a dorm at school and there I was sharing with royalty and members of the modern aristocracy's children.
SR really is the posh end of the kingdom.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

are you a bit of a Toffy Mr. Grinch?? :hattip:
:lol:
BUD
Expatriate
China

Post by BUD »

I've never stayed in a dorm, even in my backpacker days. I like my privacy. But who cares! I really just wanted to say Hi to Kiwi and Jamie. I U-tubed Gobshite. Fantastic, I love that shit! Thanks for turning me on to him. Check out Astronomy Class-4 barang in a tuk-tuk. Same same but different. Nuthin but luv Brothers! Big Dave(from the meet up)
PS Grinch, I wasn't going to respond but since your here, why don't you get some Jasmine Pants( aka Elephant Pants) to go with your soxs and sandals? Also add pretentious name dropper to that list of words I used to describe you! (Sorry, a bit trollish, but I can't help myself sometimes)
I miss SinnSisamouth and Sailorman. But my aim is getting better!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

a backpacker type went past me in his moto and I could smell that musty hippy stink after he went past

I shouted "have a fucking wash" but I don't think he could near me over the noise of his shitbox Honda win
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

BUD wrote:I've never stayed in a dorm, even in my backpacker days. I like my privacy. But who cares! I really just wanted to say Hi to Kiwi and Jamie. I U-tubed Gobshite. Fantastic, I love that shit! Thanks for turning me on to him. Check out Astronomy Class-4 barang in a tuk-tuk. Same same but different. Nuthin but luv Brothers! Big Dave(from the meet up)
PS Grinch, I wasn't going to respond but since your here, why don't you get some Jasmine Pants( aka Elephant Pants) to go with your soxs and sandals? Also add pretentious name dropper to that list of words I used to describe you! (Sorry, a bit trollish, but I can't help myself sometimes)
yeah i know astronomy class, ive got the album, i came out to the four barrangs in a tuk tuk song to the fight in my avatar pic lol the female singing on the album is Channthy, the singer from "The Cambodian Space Project", ive met her a few times and she was really impressed that i came out to one of her songs, she had to take a selfie with me to send to her bf (whos also in Astronomy class i think) haha

this is one of my favourites

i love the lyrics, i wrote them down here
Yo yo...
She was the belle of the Kampong,
before this one song
shes remenissing of a summer long gone
affirtive glances, naive plans of marrying
of stealing kissing underneeth the Frangipani tree
timbered in the street but on her own infact candid
all about her fam(family) where respect is demanded
and she was asking for little more loyalty,
and tenderness in return you get treated like royalty
fell for the farmers son, well below her station
rejected every suiter until her father got inpatient
they came from many places to win this pearl of asia
her lips touched with rumdul, intoxicated fragrance
fame is dangerous, fortune hunters come calling
a strong sense of who she was stopped her falling
still stalling, and dispite her fathers strong warnings
she rondezvous with her lover before the light of morning

(Khmer)........

a Funanese diplomat the first to take his chances
gifted her an ivory necklass inscribed in sangskrit
a rich Chenla gave Kouprey, a breeding pair,
perfumed with a domesticated sun bear,
maintained her composure for the Javanese prince
but sensed devious motives and left unconvinced
entertained a sailor from the spanish merchant navy
less interested in trading, more so in taking,
a solider from siam another from vietnam
who fought furiously and didnt care if she was harmed
a white knight from france vowed to protect her
but ultimately left her, to be disrespected
the american G.I said a savior was his calling
but her bruised her, even more than the abuser before him
her thoughts turn again to the son of the farmer
and her heart breaks picturing him in the black pajamas

(Khmer).......

also love this one, about a girl on street 51 lol
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

TheGrinchSR wrote:I honestly had no idea that anyone beyond university age would even consider sleeping in a dorm. I'd rather sleep on the street than with a bunch of backpackers. It was bad enough being in a dorm at school and there I was sharing with royalty and members of the modern aristocracy's children.
1: University age goes up to about 30 these days.
2/Royal children fart in bed and have stink-foot as much as anyone else AFAIK. Lol. And isn't the point of dormitory-living in boarding schools to install some kind of character and make you more tolerant of others ?

A lot of younger backpackers want dorms these days. (Source: more and more dorms available in Cambodia , so there's a market.) I'm not sure why ? To meet and hang out with similar people to themselves probably. I think I was about 21 last time I used a dorm. After that, you don't have so much in common, so no point really.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic