Any Good Pizza In Sihanoukville Anymore ?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Any Good Pizza In Sihanoukville Anymore ?

Post by LaudJohn »

So is a Napoli/New York style pizza the ONLY style of pizza that should exist?

Is it the only style of pizza found in Italy?

All I ever read from Sailorman about Pizza is about that style of pizza.

If there is only one style of pizza should there be only one race of people?

Should there be only one type of American; such as Sailorman?

I guess there should only be one religion as well.

As i see it, based on pizza reviews as a basis, there should only be one type of everything.... Sailorman's version.

Perhaps rather than criticize he should put up or shut up and open his own perfect pizza place. It appears to be really simple.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Loudjohn: Blow it out your nether region, but that's where your brains are at so I wouldn't want you to lose what brain cells you have left.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Sailorman;

I believe you just posted the following on facebook

"Let me know when you open a restaurant as no one in Sihanoukville (but me)( that I know of) knows how to make a good one. All are either a bread (yeast rise, low temp) crust or a thin over-floured cracker crust."

... so why not fix your broken record and put up or shut up?

You are the only one in Sihanoukville that knows how to make a good pizza... yet you do not do it.

Wow... self praise.... great recommendation; yet you will not put your pizza out there for open criticism like those who actually have a go.

You are the ultimate armchair expert. Were you the genesis for Archie Bunker?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

LaudJohn wrote:Sailorman;

"Let me know when you open a restaurant as no one in Sihanoukville (but me)( that I know of) knows how to make a good one. All are either a bread (yeast rise, low temp) crust or a thin over-floured cracker crust."

You are the only one in Sihanoukville that knows how to make a good pizza... yet you do not do it.

Wow... self praise.... great recommendation; yet you will not put your pizza out there for open criticism like those who actually have a go.

what are the pizzas at olive & olive like? ive not had one but theyre meant to be the best around here
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

One to avoid, I tried a pizza at a place called Nice Foods today at the top of the road down to the pier (pmsl at the name of the restaurant). First time & the last time I will eat there I think

Had 3 bites (just 1/2 a slice & the rest was left to go straight in the bin, absolutely shite. I paid the full price for it but explained to the waitress why virtually the whole thing was left to be chucked in the bin, it was awful

Last night, I had a lovely pizza just across the road at a place called Invitos, it was excellent & very tasty
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I ate at Mediterraneo recently (about two weeks ago) and it's still there, surrounded by karaoke. I don't know if it is the same people but I only ate some mediocre pasta. This was after waiting for forever (both times) even though there was only one other guy. The owner, I guess it was him, was a miserable git, despite him comically flinging the first round of food on the floor because of his "bad knee". He could have said something, maybe even made a joke, but apart from plates cracking this was all done in silence. If the pizza's like the pasta it'll be rubbish. Frutti del marra means more than stick four prawns on packet pasta.
welly wanger
Tourist
Palestine

Post by welly wanger »

Got to be Pappa pippo's on the end of otres 1
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

welly wanger wrote:Got to be Pappa pippo's on the end of otres 1
I found it similar, maybe slightly better than Mediteranneo's. Worth it, unlike their 40$ bungalows! :o
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

welly wanger wrote:Got to be Pappa pippo's on the end of otres 1
Yes, I had a pizza there last week, very tasty, although a little bit short on the meat (Italian sausage) I thought.

I've been to Invito's (top of the road down to the pier) 3 times now, good pizza each time
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

LaudJohn wrote:Sailorman;

Sailorman;

you are a gutless (read cowardly) wonder.

You claim to be the only one to be able to make decent pizza in Sihanoukville, yet you do not do it.

what is your excuse?

Come on. you make the claim, why not back it up with proof... or will you just come up with excuses????

I say you are not only full of bullsh1t but lack the intestinal fortitude to back up your claims with action.

All talk and no action.

Classic con man.

Prove to us you are not a bullshit con man. Make the best Pizza in Sihanoukville, after all, only you can do it right?

any other response except action or excuse is not really an option.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic