The most important news article you will read today!

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

The most important news article you will read today!

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Premier experiencing Rainsy selfie remorse

Thu, 14 January 2016
Mech Dara

Prime Minister HE has joined the ranks of Facebook users with misgivings about photos they’ve uploaded into the net’s eternal ether, saying he regrets his “selfie” with opposition leader Sam Rainsy last year.

The longtime rivals took the casual snap during a family dinner at the Hotel Cambodiana in July.

At the time, the pair maintained that their truce, dubbed the “culture of dialogue”, had ended years of combative and divisive politics.

However, in November, after months of rising political tensions, Rainsy again fled into self-imposed exile after being hit with charges, widely considered politically motivated.

“Previously, I took a selfie with a political partner, it appeared on the surface that things were very sweet between us but, in fact, the selfie concealed dishonesty that gives me regrets until this day,” he posted yesterday on Facebook.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/p ... ie-remorse
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: The most important news article you will read today!

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cambodian PM Says Thai Fortune Teller Makes Right Prediction

PHNOM PENH (FN), Jan. 18 — Cambodian Prime Minister HE said Monday that a famous Thai fortune teller who had predicted Cambodia’s politics some time ago proved to be correct.

A message posted on the premier’s Facebook page reads: “I had never read the Thai newspaper’s article on the fortuneteller foretelling about politics in Cambodia. However, just by chance, I spotted the material about 4 days ago and it reads that some politicians would try to cheat me, but then I learn about them and the evil maneuver was just quashed. This point of prediction is totally correct." ...

http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/4 ... prediction
FreddieEddie
Tourist

Post by FreddieEddie »

:shock:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Another, "if it's on fb, it must be true" ?

Rumour of PM’s death prompts ire from aide
Fri, 22 January 2016
Meas Sokchea

A rumour shared on Facebook that Prime Minister HE had died during a recent medical trip to Singapore has provoked a threat of legal action against its creator from an aide to the premier.

The Facebook post, titled “news of death” and shared on Tuesday on an account registered under the name Kim Bopha, shows what appears to be HE laying in a coffin overlain with text that reads, “HE died after being cursed by the Khmer citizens in 2014. Please [may he] be in the seventh hell. Even if he has died, he will suffer forever!”

The post has garnered over 600 likes and 400 shares.
Ananda Yath, an adviser to HE, threatened legal action over the post.

“If an individual libels the prime minister’s life, it is illegal. It means that [the individual] has attempted murder....
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/r ... s-ire-aide
Stupid thing to do. Didn't even get many "likes". :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic