US daily gun nutter

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: US daily gun nutter

Post by nightmare.believer »

vladimir wrote:Come on, you knew it was coming...

3 incidents in a week, Jesus, who needs an enemy?

A guy and his wife, a kid at a high school

'This is the only developed country in the world where this happens'

Barack Obama (oh, but he's a black commie, and not even an American)

Osama must be laughing in his salty grave...
Osama's dead? Surely they would have taken a shitload of pictures of the body? No? Prolly had a shave and a haircut and he's back inn Sweden...hanging out with Gotfriend...I mean hiding out with Gotfried.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

starkmonster wrote:Maybe when you don't have individuals that are idolized you also don't breed those closet psychopaths that resent them.
This is at the root of my problem on 440.

screwbeanz secretly idolises my superb punability, yet the sublimation of his anal desires during infancy will not let him admit it... 8-)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

Fucking hell vlad. You're obsessed with this guy. You don't seem to be able to make two posts without at least one referencing him.

Did he hurt you somehow?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

bendix wrote:Fucking hell vlad. You're obsessed with this guy. You don't seem to be able to make two posts without at least one referencing him.

Did he hurt you somehow?
C'mon bendix, everyone knows Scobie works for a law firm!! Isn't that enough reason?

:popcorn:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Anyway, I think OD hit the nail on the head, media coverage is a major contributing factor.

I still think Hollywood must bear a large portion of responsibility, and arms manufacturers... well that's obvious (unless your father married his sister at the age of 11)

I think they should run compulsory conflict resolution courses in American schools, people get pissed off and the first solution they think of is a gun.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

vladimir wrote: and arms manufacturers.
only if auto manufacturers are responsible for drunk drivers.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
...and Papermate is responsible for libel (edit), or worse, journalists.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

OrangeDragon wrote:
There may be a SLIGHT difference in intention, oD.

Guns are made to kill.

Cars are made to transport.

The degree in misuse between guns (killing - killing) and cars (transport-killing) is slightly different, is it not, taking into account the intended use when they were made?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

vladimir wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
There may be a SLIGHT difference in intention, oD.

Guns are made to kill.

Cars are made to transport.

The degree in misuse between guns (killing - killing) and cars (transport-killing) is slightly different, is it not, taking into account the intended use when they were made?
One could just as easily say "guns are made to acquire food". When it comes down to it, every object manufactured to fill a need/want (one thing you'll notice a lack of if you ever go to America, gun COMMERCIALS, they don't even really have to market) then is the responsibility of the one who needed it/wanted it to use responsibly.

That's as dumb as blaming the makers of a kitchen knife for john bobbitt's small problem.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

In America, a collector can own a machine gun, but buying it is a long drawn out affair. You have FBI, etc background checks and a hefty transfer tax and you can't just take them from state to state at will. Its very regulated. Since ownership of machine guns was outlawed in 1934 (National Firearms act of 1934) except by jumping through a lot of hoops, there has never been a felony crime committed in the US with a legal machine gun. Open carry of a machine gum may or may not be legal (different state laws), but its an invitation to be hassled by the police.

Open carry and concealed carry of firearms and handguns in the US vary by state law (not federal law.). I personally still have a valid concealed carry permit from one state. The great thing about firearms ownership and US law, is its our law and the rest of the world can't do jack about it, except talk about it. We never gave up our civil rights like most of the rest of the world did. "The difference between serfs and citizens is the right to keep and bear arms." (not my quote, but a good one.)

BTW/ At the start of WWII America had to send firearms to England as no or very few citizens owned them, the military stocks were almost none existent as after WWI they melted them down, and the Brits lost most of their firearms at Dunkurk. We also gave England a bunch of shitty old 4-stack destroyers as their navy was way under gunned due to liberal 20's/30's politicians budget cuts. I have a #4 Mark 1 Enfield rifle in my collection made during WWII by the Savage Arms Company that is marked "US Government Property." Was made to be sent to England.)

As to school shootings in America. The corrupt liberal US congressmen/attorneys passed laws making schools a gun free zone. If that isn't a magnet for crazies I don't know what is. When I was in High School we used to go deer hunting after class and I would drive my pickup truck to school with a rifle in the window gun rack. One day the vice-principle came over and wanted to see my rifle. He admired it and handed it back to me. In this day of militarized/shoot first US police forces I would have a military SWAT team surrounding me and be shot.(thanks to elite liberal politicians/attorneys.)

US federal law says you can't get the military involved in civil matters (National Guard is the exception), but they are getting around it by giving the police arms, tanks, and military shoot first training. Another reason for personal ownership of firearms and the liberal elite class of US corrupt politicians/attorneys hate it.

During the WWII era one top Jap military guy publicly stated he feared if they invaded America their would be a sharp-shooter behind every tree. (kind of like Lexington and Concord way back when.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic