Visa Extension

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
G137
Tourist

Visa Extension

Post by G137 »

Hi
Two things

I)I know this will be an old question but is there any problem getting an ordinary business visa at the airport-Anything I should know if asked??
ii)Are you all right entering Cambodia from the UK without a return ticket-Not sure when Ill go back so don't want to buy return ticket till I know
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Visa Extension

Post by epidemiks »

I. Probably not. Tick the right box, pay the right fee, check for "EI XXXXXX..."​ before you leave the counter so you know you've got the e type.
II. Depends on your airline when you're checking in/boarding. Some care, some don't. Some proof of a reason to stay and a reason why you wouldn't get rejected for a visa might be necessary, but highly unlikely.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

1/ as said, just tick the right box and pay the right fee, make sure you check because when i just got mine at the airport in PP they gave me a tourist visa so i had to tell them to change it to an ordinary
2/ when i few from new zealand to phnom penh, they kicked up a fuss because i didnt have onward travel and i kept trying to explain that i wouldnt be having any onward travel because i live there, pointing to the passport full of visas and visa extensions, and the only reason why they let me on was because i had a bungalow booked in koh pangan luckily a few days before the date my new visa would have run out (i was going there for a holiday but never went) but they propper wound me up, i didnt seem to have any problems when i flew from oz to pp though, and i usually fly from london to bangkok and have a stop off in thailand for a couple of weeks before heading over to PP, most companies in england require a pre paid visa or onward travel when traveling to thialand, not sure about cambodia though, my mate flew in december, i think hes had return flights but they were 2 months apart but he got here ok
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

To avoid the hassle like Jamie had above, just print out the itinerary from anr onward flight to show them. You don't need to buy the ticket. Just go through the booking on the inet till it gets to the part that shows name, date, time, airline, flight number etc and print it out
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

juansweetpotato wrote:To avoid the hassle like Jamie had above, just print out the itinerary from anr onward flight to show them. You don't need to buy the ticket. Just go through the booking on the inet till it gets to the part that shows name, date, time, airline, flight number etc and print it out
thats not a bad idea, has that actually worked for you?
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:To avoid the hassle like Jamie had above, just print out the itinerary from anr onward flight to show them. You don't need to buy the ticket. Just go through the booking on the inet till it gets to the part that shows name, date, time, airline, flight number etc and print it out
Yep, many times. Some airlines just want to cover their asses. They get fined if things get f'ed up. Especially Indian Airlines. I've even been told that you can show them the 'booking' on your smart phone. A lot of the time it depends on who is checking on the day. I've had the same airlines not let me through without it on one day, and not even bothering to check on another.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

juansweetpotato wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Yep, many times. Some airlines just want to cover their asses. They get fined if things get f'ed up. Especially Indian Airlines. I've even been told that you can show them the 'booking' on your smart phone. A lot of the time it depends on who is checking on the day. I've had the same airlines not let me through without it on one day, and not even bothering to check on another.
yeah for sure, and thats what i think happened in NZ, i just got a cuntish newb travel woman, she didnt have a clue what she was doing, and i had to call for the manager, to which she wasnt that bothered but because the situation had got brought up she had to deal with it in a professional manner, but anther reason why my booking.com thing was enough, it didnt prove anything it just covered their asses some what
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

All airlines want to cover their asses - that's normal. But what they don't realise is that there is almost zero chance that you will be refused entry to Cambodia. (AFAIK they let anyone in as long as they can pay for the visa and they are not on the official shit list.)

Just last year I had a problem because the airline didn't know about VOA in Cambodia and I even had a return ticket. Took about 20 mn on the phone to clear that up. First time that's been a problem, so you never know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic