British Colin Richard Woodgate Found Dead from Heart Attack in His House

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Annette
Tourist

Re: British Colin Richard Woodgate Found Dead from Heart Attack in His House

Post by Annette »

Hi, thank you for removing Colins picture from this page. I would also like to request that the link to the local paper is removed as well.. His sister and mum are devistated and are still very much in shock, i dont think they would deal with it well if they saw Colins last ever photo of him in that state. No mother should see her son like this... No sister should see her brother like this... Please respect the Woodgate family at this extremly sad time, please think how you would feel if you came across a photo of your loved one in this state... all i ask it that Colin is shown some dignity...Thanks
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Hello. Yes, both the image and the link have been previously removed. Condolences.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Annette
Tourist

Post by Annette »

Thank you for removing the pictures..
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

As I said on that other board, where I saw the notice first, I knew Colin for at least three years, starting with his being evening bartender at Sundance on 172, then a bit at Sundance 2 and recently at Jess's bar Quealy's. He just happen to work at my favourite bars. LOL Always a good, thoughtful man, occasionally demonstrating some fine acerbic humour. Very knowledgeable about Cambodia and Phnom Penh, too, since I think he's been around these parts for a decade or more. I will definitely miss his presence in PP. Rest in peace, Colin.
JessB52
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by JessB52 »

Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that Colin's wake will be held tomorrow at house #520 street #20 Boueng Tompun, near Sansam Kosal Pagoda (nr 271 road)

It's a little bit hard to find so the best idea is to meet at Sundance at 1.30 and share tuk-tuks or make your way to the Pagoda then give me a call so we can give you directions from there or meet you.

I hope we can get a big turn out for his send off, it's what he deserves. Please tell as many people as possible, all welcome.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Jess
Cambodia's answer to Bet Lynch

https://www.facebook.com/JessatQuealys
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Colin Woodgate's inquest sheds no light on barman's tragic death

Mystery surrounds the sudden death of a former Maidstone man who was working as a barman in Cambodia.

Colin Woodgate, 45, was found dead by police at his home in Phnom Penh in October.

No post mortem examination was carried out before he was repatriated and his family heard at an inquest that one subsequently held in the UK could not ascertain a cause of death.

However, the pathologist could not find signs of heart disease, as claimed by a police officer in Cambodia at the time.

Recording an open verdict at the end of the hearing at Gravesend’s Old Town Hall, north Kent coroner Roger Hatch said his powers to obtain information from the Cambodian authorities were very limited.

“I realise this is unsatisfactory and this is always the difficulty when death occurs abroad.

"Some countries will co-operate and provide information and others will not. This is the difficulty here.”

Mr Hatch added, however, that if any new evidence came to light the case could be looked at again.

Mr Woodgate’s body was discovered by police after he failed to turn up for two work sessions.

After the hearing, Mr Woodgate’s sister said she planned to travel to Cambodia, but did not wish to comment further.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/n ... -in-49225/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

However, the pathologist could not find signs of heart disease, as claimed by a police officer in Cambodia at the time.
Surprise, surprise! That is why they have switched from "heart attack" to "fainting".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic