Watch out Cambodia...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Watch out Cambodia...

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

I had an amazing couple of weeks in Thailand catching up with old friends + family and even managed to sneak in a few Muay Thai + Boxing sessions too, i forgot how great Thailand can be, landed back in the kingdom this morning and apart from having to go through the visa process twice because they initially gave me a Tourist visa when i had marked Ordinary visa, so they had to do it again and give me the E visa i wanted, i normally just give my passport to a lingering officer and give him a little tip to fast track it, but the visa people seem to be better organised and quicker than previous experiences (but still made the mistake with my visa)

one thing i did notice on the journey to my guesthouse was that 99% of motorbike riders now wore helmets, a good 50-75% of passengers wore helmets, and the amount of bikes with nice shiny brand new number plates on their bikes haha seems like everyones taking the new laws seriously :thumb: not sure what it will be like in SHV though lol

i havent got too much time to relax as i already have my first boxing session today at 2pm! lol

i know a few people have inboxed me already, but i'm in PP for the next few days so if anyone fancies a cheeky beer or 3 or some lunch while im in the neighborhood then drop me an inbox :thumb: :beer3:

JL
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Watch out Cambodia...

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
one thing i did notice on the journey to my guesthouse was that 99% of motorbike riders now wore helmets, a good 50-75% of passengers wore helmets, and the amount of bikes with nice shiny brand new number plates on their bikes haha ...
Are you 100% sure you made it to Cambodia? I have a feeling you overshot and ended up in Vietnam.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Watch out Cambodia...

Post by Fourkinnel »

Yesterday followed a few moto's down to the market, the 3 in front no no plates, one in 4 moto's had helmets, very few passengers had. Maybe they all know the back roads to avoid the BIB? At night no Khmers seem to have helmets same as usual. Saw the TP out in force on several areas of main st and cover about a third of Golden Lions roundabout with their web. I think they busy enough catching new tourists at the moment. Still seeing rental moto's with obvious new tourists going round unplated. So the rental owners don't care that the moto's might get confiscated or is it all part of the plan to get more T money.? Still not clear who, Khmer or subversive yuons needs a license to ride under 125cc! Went to renew my big moto license yesterday at Anna's, they said "hold on we don't know what the ministry is doing, they telling us nothing"
So all in all, no change, the sun's out, beer is cold, welcome back to SHV, Sinville, Shitsville! :thumb:
Last edited by Fourkinnel on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Watch out Cambodia...

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fourkinnel wrote:Yesterday followed a few moto's down to the market, the 3 in front no no plates, one in 4 moto's had helmets, very few passengers had. Maybe they all know the back roads to avoid the BIB? At night no Khmers seem to have helmets same as usual. Saw the TP out in force on several areas of main st and cover about a third of Golden Lions roundabout with their web. I think they busy enough catching new tourists at the moment. Still seeing rental moto's with obvious new tourists going round unplated. So the renters don't care that the moto's might get confiscated or is it all part of the plan to get more T money.? Still not clear who, Khmer or subversive yuons needs a license to ride under 125cc! Went to renew my big moto license yesterday at Anna's, they said "hold on we don't know what the ministry is doing, they telling us nothing"
So all in all, no change, the sun's out, beer is cold, welcome back to SHV, Sinville, Shitsville! :thumb:
haha no change then, welcome to the most beautiful bays in the world lol ill be back tomorrow :thumb: :twisted:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic