China's Dirty Air Hits Doomsday Levels

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

China's Dirty Air Hits Doomsday Levels

Post by wackyjacky »

"A thick smog engulfed the Chinese city of Shenyang on Sunday and Monday, sending air pollution levels 50 times above what's deemed safe by the World Health Organization (WHO) and marking the highest pollution on record since the country began monitoring air quality in 2013, according to the Associated Press."
"While the WHO recommends a safe level of PM2.5 to be no more than 25 micrograms per cubic meter over 24 hours, levels in the city of Shenyang had reached up to 1,400 micrograms on Sunday, according to China's official news agency Xinhua.The smog grounded flights, closed highways, and prompted officials to tell residents to stay indoors. Visibility in the northeastern industrial city of 5 million was just a few dozen feet, according to the New York Times."
"Two years ago, when the country was suffering from severe smog, the state-run China Central Television (CCT) released a list outlining five "surprising benefits" of smog, including its ability to "unify" the Chinese people and make the country "more equal. "As popular discontent continues to grow, the problem of air pollution is becoming a thorn in the side of the ruling Communist party, which is slowly moving to make amends. In August, China's upper legislative body passed a law that will restrict several sources of smog and make information about environmental conditions more readily available to the public." https://news.vice.com/article/chinas-di ... vicenewsfb
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: China's Dirty Air Hits Doomsday Levels

Post by sigmoid »

Humans seem to have some sort of suicidal deathwish. They continue to overpopulate the planet and destroy their own biosphere with a myriad of toxic substances. Not to mention endless tribal warfare and territorial squabbles.

Beam me up, Scotty!!!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jeez and i thought bangkok was bad
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

You gents in Cambodia are lucky that Chinese crap tends to drift eastward.
Fucks me up on a daily basis.
Thank the gods that I will finally be in Sinville in a month.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic