Cambodians return home

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Cambodians return home

Post by phuketrichard »

stand corrected if this is indeed true.
but this is the ONLY reference to anyone killed
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

i was told they have ripped up legal working papers. Also got reports of some Cambodians killed - flipped out after their papers ripped so got shot.

I know a number of them in Thailand, some with and some without working papers. Nothing wrong with enforcing working papers but the evil bastards are doing much more than that.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

phuketrichard wrote:stand corrected if this is indeed true.
but this is the ONLY reference to anyone killed
The rights group Adhoc says it has received credible reports that as many as nine Cambodians have been killed in Thailand in that time and that others have been beaten by Thai security forces.
http://www.voacambodia.com/content/as-t ... 36305.html
I don't know if any of it is true, but the report has been circulating for a couple days now. And it's not too difficult to believe given the Thai penchant for gunning down Cambodians (usually illegal loggers) illegally crossing into Thailand.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Below is the link provided above:

http://www.rfa.org/english/news/cambodi ... 45627.html

Have the "transparent" daily press junta conferences addressed these killings and beatings?

Please enlighten us, Phuket. We may want to increase transparency in out own home countries by using these humane altruists as role models.

Land of Smiles? Muderous Nazis? Oh, why not just split the difference?
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Their transparency is evident by these hidden murders and the planned Thai-facebook.

Richard, I hope your pro-military stance will change and you can accept the fact they are killing people over a fucking working paper.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

i was told they have ripped up legal working papers. Also got reports of some Cambodians killed - flipped out after their papers ripped so got shot.

This was reported in the Cambodia Daily several days ago. No word of any of this in the Bangkok Post or the Nation. Perhaps because credible denials were provided at the transparent junta news conferences and the good men at these 2 newspapers thought the killings not worth mentioning? Seems reasonable?
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Otis wrote:i was told they have ripped up legal working papers. Also got reports of some Cambodians killed - flipped out after their papers ripped so got shot.

This was reported in the Cambodia Daily several days ago. No word of any of this in the Bangkok Post or the Nation. Perhaps because credible denials were provided at the transparent junta news conferences and the good men at these 2 newspapers thought the killings not worth mentioning? Seems reasonable?
ah ok. I heard it from Khmer in-laws in Thailand.

Glad it is in the papers in Cambodia at least.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

khmers love to blow up what the thais do.
TO shoot someone in broad daylight in front of a bunch of people and only reported from one source and (credited as from creditable source but not 100% fact) sorry but till i hear it reported as fact.

Whats strange as well as NO mass explosions of Burmese an I have 2 large camps near my home so i would see if anything was going on.

I am NOT usually pro Army, in fact i wold say i distrust them, BUT the Army so far is the best thing that has happened in Thailand for the past 2 decades.

Rice farmers paid off
NO one has been killed since the coup,
Taksin's soul mates/friends/family/business partners have been detained/released and advised that the army will not stand for any more shit.
NO blockades, running battles in the streets, ( only a few anti coup protestors)
only one small hand grenade went off ( and that was last night)
Army is firmly in control with the kings backing

Peaceful compared to the past

75% of those i talk to are very happy abut the Army taking over as there is NO WAY they ( the reds/yellows) would ever agree on anything and this shit that has bee going on since last nov would just continue.

So far here in Phuket there doing a great job and regardless how you feel about them
expect them to be around for awhile

this was written in dec 2013, Thailand's Regime & The Cambodian Connection, http://beforeitsnews.com/international/ ... 73546.html

Could this all be just a cover to get all Cambodians out of Thailand, even the legal ones? Pay back?

not saying i buy all that is written but gives an different perspective

Never let it be said we dont live in interesting times :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

What's the Thai motivation for shipping the illegals? Doesn't the Thai elite depend on illegal domestic labour much like the US?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Taksin is Thailand's equivalent of Huey Long who is, after more than 70 years, very well regarded in Louisiana. He is corrupt by League of Women Voters standards but he's the first and only to address the interests of the poor, mocked and excluded darkies in Issan. Ask any BKK Thai what they think of those w. Issan skin color and go from there. The BKK royalists have had 10 years to wake up to this new voting reality of the northern poor and are yet sound asleep.

More broadly, the Thais are going to have to adjust to life in the RW [real world] without the king, who is basically an American bred rightist huckster playing on the psychological vulnerabilities of the Thais. Not to mention his Ibiza disco - Honey Boo BOO family. This is the jitters surrounding leap that must be taken. Good luck to them. I do love the Thais but they need to grow up now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic