What to do NYE in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ellfun
Tourist

What to do NYE in PP

Post by Ellfun »

This is my first NYE in PP and I can't seem to find a lot of information on what celebrations are on offer. Can anyone shed any light about what they are doing this year or what has been good previous years. Thanks.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: What to do NYE in PP

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ellfun wrote:This is my first NYE in PP and I can't seem to find a lot of information on what celebrations are on offer. Can anyone shed any light about what they are doing this year or what has been good previous years. Thanks.
the main big celebration is down in Sihanoukville, they have a big concert set up with all the famous singers sing, and lots of famous faces, over 3days loads of beer areas its a good crack, insanely busy though, its like the whole of cambodia turns up for it! its broadcast live on TV, the 3 day festival is free but if you dont live in SHV it can be expensive as all hotels/guesthouses bump up their prices about 400%+ for new years eve

not sure about PP though, im sure theyll have something
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Popular pastimes on NYE in PP include fucking bargain basement whores in Walkabout and drinking recycled urine masquerading as beer; the only bright side to being in that dingy capital on NYE is that you're not in Shitsville.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

TheGrinchSR wrote: Popular pastimes on NYE in PP include fucking bargain basement whores in Walkabout

and drinking recycled urine masquerading as beer; the only bright side to being in that dingy capital on NYE is that you're not in Shitsville.

Now that's what I call, starting the new year with a Bang.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

its not that bad, its a good laugh, heres a few pics from last years
Image Image Image Image Image Image

the only bad thing is trying to get anywhere afterwards, SHV is gridlocked!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Duncan wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote: Popular pastimes on NYE in PP include fucking bargain basement whores in Walkabout

and drinking recycled urine masquerading as beer; the only bright side to being in that dingy capital on NYE is that you're not in Shitsville.

Now that's what I call, starting the new year with a Bang.
Hell yeah, I'm in!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic