Prison for insulting the king's dog ?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Prison for insulting the king's dog ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Here we are in lala land and it appears that a Thai man is facing charges of lese-majeste toward the king's dog. What next ?

I hope the Queen does not have a pussy... that could get nasty :shock:

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand and the dog he rescued from an alley, Tongdaeng, at a boat race in 2008. Credit Chaiwat Sardyaem/Bangkok Post, via Agence France-Presse
In a case brought in a Thai military court, the worker, Thanakorn Siripaiboon, was charged with making a “sarcastic” Internet post related to the king’s pet. He also faces separate charges of sedition and insulting the king.

Mr. Thanakorn could face a total of 37 years in prison for his social media posts, highlighting what has become a feverish campaign to protect the monarchy and rebuff critics of the country’s military rulers.

The precise insult toward the royal dog was not divulged by the military, according to the suspect’s lawyer, Anon Numpa...
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/world ... .html?_r=0
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Prison for insulting the king's dog ?

Post by General Mackevili »

Someone just told me about that at work.

A sane ex-Thailand expat who also thinks that there's no way that that king is already dead.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote:Someone just told me about that at work.

A sane ex-Thailand expat who also thinks that there's no way that that king is already dead.
That would probably explain the lese-majeste charges - reincarnation and all that.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a very overused /archaic law that should be canned, BUT being used to attack everyone.

AS always, where u live, be aware of the laws
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tadpole
Expatriate

Post by Tadpole »

phuketrichard wrote:a very overused /archaic law that should be canned, BUT being used to attack everyone.

AS always, where u live, be aware of the laws
Come on Richard, tell them what you think.

You can't be scared, can you? :D
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

If by now, you fully understand how this relates to the upcoming big event, then this will come as absolutely no surprise to you.

On the other hand, it's amazing that some people still haven't absorbed the gravity of the situation. It's not a joking matter.

Anyway, it's not that complex and these days there's plenty of info on the net. Just do a bit of research if you're still befuddled.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so tadpole is vlad reincarnated ?

scared? scared of what? the future?
BTW few thai's are joking about their future.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tadpole
Expatriate

Post by Tadpole »

Seriously, who cares about Thailand?

Why don't you join a Thai forum?

If you miss it so much, go there.

I haven't had the pleasure, but from what I read, I'm not missing much.

You sound like a melancholic teenage lover, Richard, make a choice and get a life.

Kind of stupid coming here and starting a thread about somewhere else apart from giving advice re travel, hotels etc.
Tadpole
Expatriate

Post by Tadpole »

Anchor Moy wrote: I hope the Queen does not have a pussy... that could get nasty :shock:
Would anyone notice? :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic