Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:oh wait... i do think there was a setting for minimum posts before you can use it. to keep people from just making fake accounts to up their karma. sorry... a lot to retain learning all these tweaks we've added in the last 3 days some was bound to slip out... especially with to healthy application of vodka/scotch/tequila/etc.
Has to be said that you guys and gal are doing a great job getting this of the ground. Thanks for offering an alternative meeting place for those of us who choose not to be negative, cynical, abusive pricks.
Says the paramedic brain surgeon helicopter pilot skydiver plumber network administrator police officer general!

(to be fair, i've worn as many hats... and people give me equal shit for it.)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:oh wait... i do think there was a setting for minimum posts before you can use it. to keep people from just making fake accounts to up their karma. sorry... a lot to retain learning all these tweaks we've added in the last 3 days some was bound to slip out... especially with to healthy application of vodka/scotch/tequila/etc.
Has to be said that you guys and gal are doing a great job getting this of the ground. Thanks for offering an alternative meeting place for those of us who choose not to be negative, cynical, abusive pricks.
Says the paramedic brain surgeon helicopter pilot skydiver plumber network administrator police officer general!

(to be fair, i've worn as many hats... and people give me equal shit for it.)
Heh heh heh! You're not letting this go, are you? Let's add farmer, qualified chef, horseman, biker, ex scout master... when you get bored with those let me know and I'll top you up for the next round!

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Interested in farming again? I have this beef ranch I'm putting together...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Flynn wrote:
So is the VIP Nightlife section for men only? Or can a female join as long as she does not have access to the VIP Women's section?

The description of the VIP Women's section says: "Be prepared to prove that you're a female..."

If I want access to the VIP Nightlife section do I need to prove that I am a male?
Another good question.

Again, it's only intended for men. However, we can't verify everyone that wants in, and some dudes wanting in that section night not feel comfortable "verifying" themselves.

And I think I speak for all of us when I say I really don't want to "verify" that anyone is male. Doesn't sound fun.

If you come across any posters you don't think should be in there, let us know and we'll LoL into it.

The Ladies VIP section is a little different.

Just so they can keep their forum more private, we are leaving it up to our female mod to verify people she adds in there. However she does it is up to her.

I've already had a few females I know personally sign up and request access, and since I know them, I added them. Now they can invite other female friends in there that they personally vouch for.

I think they are both good systems, but it's important that everyone understands how it works.

Flynn wrote:
This just started working for me.

Also, good to see the avatars a little less stretched out. :good:
Praise The Dragon!
StroppyChops wrote: Has to be said that you guys and gal are doing a great job getting this of the ground. Thanks for offering an alternative meeting place for those of us who choose not to be negative, cynical, abusive pricks.
Thanks man! ! We've been working hard on this and have put a lot of thought and effort into it, so very glad to see so many people signing and giving positive feedback!

Again, this is a total community project, and we're also very thankful for the help and great ideas everyone has offered us!

Kick ass! :friends:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Hi all,
You might remember me from 440. I'm gonna try to be more polite and patient in my conduct here. Please don't antagonize me. :)

I think it is good to have specific threads for certain discussions. Perhaps you could set up a thread to discuss moderation or report problems on. Also a thread announcing bans with brief explanations would be appreciated.

One forum I'm a member of has a separate section to report issues with posters in. Anyone can start a thread there but only mods can reply. The site has a warning system with users who exceed a certain number of warnings issued yellow cards and granted limited access to the site for a week. Those that acquire more warnings are issued a red card and banned for a week. The user has to apologize before being allowed to return.

Just some things to consider.
I'll let you know if I have any other ideas after I've read the site a little.

-AB

PS- What's to stop someone from joining this site with another user name from 440? I could be an imposter for all you know!

Edit- Also if someone wants to promote their business here they should be allowed only 1 thread to make updates in. There's no need for a new thread to announce each menu addition or day off.
Scarier than malaria.
Flynn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Flynn »

General Mackevili wrote: Another good question.

Again, it's only intended for men. However, we can't verify everyone that wants in, and some dudes wanting in that section night not feel comfortable "verifying" themselves.

And I think I speak for all of us when I say I really don't want to "verify" that anyone is male. Doesn't sound fun.
:thumb:

You can add me then. I hate being left out. But I always find it awkward when I have to prove I am a male.
General Mackevili wrote: If you come across any posters you don't think should be in there, let us know and we'll LoL into it.
:plus1: :lol: :ROFL: :ROFL: :lol: :plus1:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

ali baba wrote:Hi all,
You might remember me from 440. I'm gonna try to be more polite and patient in my conduct here. Please don't antagonize me. :)

PS- What's to stop someone from joining this site with another user name from 440? I could be an imposter for all you know!

Edit- Also if someone wants to promote their business here they should be allowed only 1 thread to make updates in. There's no need for a new thread to announce each menu addition or day off.
A very nice into, and we're glad to have you over here! And thanks for sharing your intentions on CEO! Everyone is allowed a fresh start over here for sure! Even me. :good:

And those are great suggestions! I think we already have a few of the ones you mentioned implemented on CEO already, but not all. We'll absolutely look into those all, thx.

Could you share the link to the site you're talking about so I can take a look? If you prefer to PM it instead, that's fine too.

Ha! And that's a very good point about signing up with other people's usernames. If you notice this, please alert us and we'll figure out a way to sort it out.

However, I'm convinced you are who you say you are, and I'd be shocked to find out you weren't.

Anyways, you've got your old username registered now, so you have nothing to worry about!

Thanks for coming and introducing yourself!

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Flynn wrote:
:thumb:

You can add me then. I hate being left out. But I always find it awkward when I have to prove I am a male.
Ok, will do. Please send me a PM reminding me and I will do it when I get on my computer again.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Nice site! I just hope you don't have any gavinmac-ish mods! I've missed Cambod's and Orange Dragon's posts over the last few months. I'll try to post more here, if I can think of something relevant to say that's not beer induced.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Welcome chkwoot and ali baba!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic