New safety initiative in taxis

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: New safety initiative in taxis

Post by Samouth »

Raybull wrote:You pay your fare and you take your chances! Those accident pictures of overloaded khmer minibuses with 20 passengers and a few more on the roof aren't pretty. If it's not a private ride, then I only ride Citylink VIP now, 10$ free pickup, plush ride in the best vans in the kingdom. Last time I came down to Shv we (with gf) were the only two on the bus...bliss!
i took Citylink once and it was great. However, what i didn't like was that the driver gave his number to me and told me that i should call him when i want to go back to PP and i should not buy the ticket or contact to the company and he would reserve a seat for me. Not to upset him i said i might, however i didn't. I was thinking more on the company side. the company paid him and spent the money on gasoline and not to mention buying a car. i know that people try to earn more to back up their little salary, however i just don't want to involve in this thing.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: New safety initiative in taxis

Post by Raybull »

I agree Samouth, and I've seen it happen once with them. The Okhna put a lot of money in that Company, those two types of mini buses they have probably cost between 100-200k$ each. But it's easy to ignore this behaviour, and the company is better than the other foreigners' favorite (Giant Ibus)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic