Why Sihanoukville is not deserve to be called SHITHOLE or so-called SHITVILLE

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Why Sihanoukville is not deserve to be called SHITHOLE or so-called SHITVILLE

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hey, silence (more or less ) until 7:10am in Cambodia ?? I count that as a plus. :thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Why Sihanoukville is not deserve to be called SHITHOLE or so-called SHITVILLE

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:Hey, silence (more or less ) until 7:10am in Cambodia ?? I count that as a plus. :thumb:
haha good point! if its not construction its bike horns, if its not bike horns its weddings, if its not weddings its funerals, if its not funerals its monks, if its not monks its dogs/roosters :facepalm:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Here's an interesting blog post I just ran across about Sihanoukville expats:

http://wherethewarswere-vietnamlaoscamb ... sfits.html
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Why Sihanoukville is not deserve to be called SHITHOLE or so-called SHITVILLE

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote:Here's an interesting blog post I just ran across about Sihanoukville expats:

http://wherethewarswere-vietnamlaoscamb ... sfits.html
What the fuck? Says he can't get a visa because of a drug charge back in England, LoL. Liar.

And who is the murderous German? I suppose in reality there could be more than one German in Sihanoukville wanted on murder charges back home, or maybe he's already graced our news...

“They won’t give me a visa,” Chris said, “since I was convicted of production of cannabis.” Apparently Chris has a hippie side to him, which got him in trouble with the UK police a few years back. 

While we're chatting in this beach side hang out, a grungy, older Aussie that Chris knows walks into the bar. I’d seen this shabby guy yesterday on the street. He’d asked me for a cigarette, but I don't smoke. 

The Australian asks Chris, “You want to buy some weed? Two dollars a bag? I have to pay my hotel bill,” he explains. Chris declines, since he doesn’t do drug transactions while he's working. I also decline, since I stick to beer. Obviously the Aussie was in dire straits; he looked like a transient. He probably won’t sell marijuana for long here either, since local pushers won’t like him competing for their business.

Checking out the Aussie, I notice a large infected cut on the back of his hand. It was so infected, that his whole hand was swelled up. I figured he must have injured it in a motorbike accident, the usual way that foreigners get injured in Cambodia. But I was wrong. 

“A whore cut him”, Chris told me, after the Aussie walked away. Apparently since the Aussie didn’t have money for rent, he didn't have money to pay a prostitute that he took home either. 

Chris and the old Aussie are just two of the down-and-out examples, that make up the soap opera scene of foreigners living in Sihanoukville. Long time expatriates call the town ‘Snookville’ or just ‘Snook’, for short. During my days checking out the beach, I learn that there are many expats hanging out here with skeletons in their closets. 

One night out at a restaurant with a group of foreigners, I was introduced to a German lawyer. I don’t recall his name, but it was probably an alias. That's likely, since I was told that this tall Aryan looking guy, was wanted for murder back in Germany! 
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

He was saying he couldn't visit the USA, visa-free or with a visa, because of a drug trafficking conviction. My understanding is that's true. Even Canadians with drug and DUI convictions have difficulty entering the US.

It wasn't about whether he can get a Cambodian visa. Anyone can get one of those.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Why Sihanoukville is not deserve to be called SHITHOLE or so-called SHITVILLE

Cam Nivag wrote:He was saying he couldn't visit the USA, visa-free or with a visa, because of a drug trafficking conviction. My understanding is that's true. Even Canadians with drug and DUI convictions have difficulty entering the US.

It wasn't about whether he can get a Cambodian visa. Anyone can get one of those.
Yep. I know someone who fessed up about that on the forms years ago, and now they're banned for life. Simple possession, me thinks.

If they had lied they might have had a chance, LoL.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I think if you're from Canada or the UK, they have your conviction records. Definitely Canada.

I was recently reading about 2 or 3 foreigners who got arrested in the US this year for false visa applications. The visa application asks if you've ever been to the US before and if you've ever overstayed. They answer no no no.

They get the visa, they land in the US, and the agents ask one guy "Why do we have a prior record of you leaving the US but never entering." And instead of saying "No idea what you're talking about" the guy says "OK I entered illegally through Mexico before" Then they ask him "Why did you lie on the visa application about never being in the US before?" And instead of saying " Oh, I misread the question, someone else filled it out for me," or just shutting up, he answers, "I lied on the visa application because I knew if I told the truth I wouldn't get the visa."

Click. Arrest. Falsifying visa form, welcome to federal prison.

Same story with a different foreigner, except I think they had his record of entering once but never leaving, he had overstayed for years and sneaked out somehow. And he admitted that when they showed him they had a record of entering but not exiting.

Don't ever admit anything to cops. When you realize they are on to you, shut up. If they had shut up and not admitted they knowingly lied on the application, they probably just would have been refused entry and put back on the plane.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

This is not Shitsville

Post by bkktrapper »

I agree snooky is not shitsville , Downtown , victory and otres are cool places i only agree everything within a 2 km radious of 2 lions is shitsville.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: This is not Shitsville

Post by shnoukieBRO »

I haven's seen Ochoteal since before it was paved and modernised. From what i can see, they've really screwed up the easy going vibe and made it concrete tacky.

Anyone got some decent photos, or video's?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: This is not Shitsville

bkktrapper wrote:... everything within a 2 km radious of 2 lions is shitsville.
What? ! Even Dolphin Shack? :stir:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic