Looking for natural Cambodian hair

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bennysmith
Tourist

Looking for natural Cambodian hair

Post by Bennysmith »

Can anyone help me with finding natural Cambodian hair. I'm looking to buy it by the kilo. I'm presently located in Phnom Pehn.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Looking for natural Cambodian hair

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kinky... Have you tried hair salons or upstairs at orussei? I'll ask a friend today if she knows where to find some. Are you looking to buy premade wigs or just bulk locks of hair?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

I'm guessing he wants it in bulk for resale.

In Cambodia, a Start-Up Combines Web Sales Skills and Hair Extensions from NYTimes
Cambodian hair extensions gaining popularity from BBC
Long hair a luxury for evictees from Phnom Penh Post

Logically, I know that this is no more predatory than any of the other ways people take advantage of the resources and labor in a poor country, but there's something incredibly depressing to me about poor women selling their hair for $8.
Bennysmith
Tourist

Post by Bennysmith »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Kinky... Have you tried hair salons or upstairs at orussei? I'll ask a friend today if she knows where to find some. Are you looking to buy premade wigs or just bulk locks of hair?
I'm looking to by locks of hair. I went to orussei and they wanted to much.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Bennysmith wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Kinky... Have you tried hair salons or upstairs at orussei? I'll ask a friend today if she knows where to find some. Are you looking to buy premade wigs or just bulk locks of hair?
I'm looking to by locks of hair. I went to orussei and they wanted to much.
Bloody scalpers!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

giblet wrote:Logically, I know that this is no more predatory than any of the other ways people take advantage of the resources and labor in a poor country, but there's something incredibly depressing to me about poor women selling their hair for $8.
Better to sell something that will grow back than some of the **other things** poor women often sell that will never grow back.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Bennysmith wrote:Can anyone help me with finding natural Cambodian hair. I'm looking to buy it by the kilo. I'm presently located in Phnom Pehn.
Try GSM. Take a new BIC razor.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
HRNExports
Tourist

Post by HRNExports »

Hi all, if it's not too late to reply. I have a online business selling raw hair and use a company bases in Cambodia as my vendor. They are Apsara Cambodian Hair and are the largest company in Cambodia selling raw hair.
Good luck in your searches.
gaplem
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by gaplem »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic