Reproductive season in Cambodia is ...

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Re: Reproductive season in Cambodia is ...

Post by Ed Hammer »

Duncan wrote:
Ed Hammer wrote:We just had three lambs and a bull born in the last two weeks,

would have been better if they would have come two weeks later just after the rains.They rain makes them very cold so the must be kept undercover, which means fetching their food to them.
Back in the lake again to cut the morning glory, first time was scary,now it just is what it is.Fun
Photos', Please,

I have one of the bull, but as you can see i have no avatar because I don't know how to do the picture thing.....

but I will try again maybe some else can help, it's only the bull all three lambs died ,two because of the rain I think and the other because the mother was to thin , not enough feeding.I was not too worried as they would of been inbreed mother son and sister thing going on.Shame they didn't live I would of loved to have eaten them....haven't had lamb for years.
Last edited by Ed Hammer on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Post by Ed Hammer »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Ed Hammer wrote:We just had three lambs and a bull born in the last two weeks, would have been better if they would have come two weeks later just after the rains.They rain makes them very cold so the must be kept undercover, which means fetching their food to them.
Back in the lake again to cut the morning glory, first time was scary,now it just is what it is.Fun
Tell me more. What is scary about cutting morning glory ? Watersnakes ? I was just watching a guy do that yesterday. It looks kind of swampy, and there's rubbish all around. (This is in town.) When I eat it I try to forget where it's come from.

The unknown, plus the sides of the lakes are steep and the water deep and full of pig shit, crabs etc.
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

Also a lot of parasites on the morning glory. Snails, and eggs of the snails can be deadly for mine goats, or they can get brainworms. Cambodian cows are very strong, so the chance that they get sick is small.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Reproductive season coincides with the wedding season, at the end of the wet season.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic