Sailorman Might Be Right

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Sailorman Might Be Right

Post by TheGrinchSR »

takeoman wrote:Don't know about him being correct, but Sailorman is without doubt well to the right of just about everyone. :hattip:
Amen. And if you start thinking that Sailorman's right about anything... it's probably time to stop drinking/smoking/being in SE Asia and find an oasis of sanity for a little while.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

takeoman wrote:Don't know about him being correct, but Sailorman is without doubt well to the right of just about everyone. :hattip:

Well maybe he is correct ? and we are not to the right or the left of him . Maybe we are way, way behind him.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

cptrelentless wrote:http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
Great link. Why is there no "like" button when you need one?

Links on to this : http://zapatopi.net/blog/?post=20151018 ... hat_patent
It seems that the Chinese have patented the tinfoil hat, but all is not lost :
If you are discovered to have been violating this patent, that means you have also been discovered to be an active paranoid seeking to avoid psychotronic mind-control. Instead of finding yourself in some East Texas court pleading to avoid paying license and lawyer fees, you're more likely to be abducted by a mind-control compliance van (which look like this, btw.)

Paranoids are advised to ignore any legal threats related to this patent and continue camouflaging their beanies. If you receive a cease and desist, assume your cover as an orthonormal is blown and go to ground.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

even a broken clock is right twice a day
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I have a question. How can I be right wing and to the right of everyone when I believe all drugs should be legal and the money spent on prisons to house drug offenders be spent on treatment? Or that our American judicial system and prison/gulag system needs an overhaul? Or that we/America need to stop bombing everyone and mind our own business as we are bankrupt? Or that there needs to be a Constitutional Amendment baring lawyers from running for public office. Its in our Constitution to separate church and state, why not separate the justice system from politics?

Just because I believe that America should stop the illegal invasion of the country, pass a worker-visa law and I collect military firearms does not make me right wing. Frankly I don't give a Sh*t about rightwing/leftwing as its all mostly the same criminals running the country. When you've walked a mile in my shoes, you can call me anything you want, until then, please keep personal comments to yourself as it only makes you look like a flamer.
asp
Expatriate

Post by asp »

I couldn't walk a straight line for one mile in shoes that constantly turned right. In all seriousness I have a great deal of respect for many of your opinions and even more for your life experiences. Keep those posts coming; they're never dull.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

a republic operates under the rule of constitutional law which holds individual civil rights paramount.
a democracy is ruled by majority opinion. ( demos- greek- the Mob)
this is the right- left paradigm

The US Constitution doesn't ALLOW stuff.

It PROHIBITS certain things that the government can do.
example 2nd amendment: The 2A simply prohibits government from infringing on that right,The right given to you by God Almighty to bear arms . :-) i know- a bit archaic but this was the thinking of those who drafted the constitution and is voluminously elucidated by legal scholars for many decades.

rights are from God, or, if you prefer they are innate, not from government or documents. this is law.
in a defacto system you do not have rights= until you claim your rights by declaration you do not have any by default.
the assumption by goobermint thugs is that you are ignorant of your rights thus you have none.

no one can take your rights from you- you must willingly relinquish them in order to be deprived of them.
As happens in a democracy!
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Sailorman wrote:I have a question. How can I be right wing and to the right of everyone when I believe all drugs should be legal and the money spent on prisons to house drug offenders be spent on treatment? Or that our American judicial system and prison/gulag system needs an overhaul? Or that we/America need to stop bombing everyone and mind our own business as we are bankrupt? Or that there needs to be a Constitutional Amendment baring lawyers from running for public office. Its in our Constitution to separate church and state, why not separate the justice system from politics?

Just because I believe that America should stop the illegal invasion of the country, pass a worker-visa law and I collect military firearms does not make me right wing. Frankly I don't give a Sh*t about rightwing/leftwing as its all mostly the same criminals running the country. When you've walked a mile in my shoes, you can call me anything you want, until then, please keep personal comments to yourself as it only makes you look like a flamer.
I'll admit I got you totally wrong, had you pegged as someone with a sense of humor. As this is not the case, I will be careful not to direct any more facetious comments in your direction. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Takeoman: Thank you. I lost my sense of humor to the American judicial system (and just about everything else.) and its still very hard to even smile. Just about the only thing that would make me smile is a complete overhaul of my countries corrupt political and judicial system. BTW/ Its in our Declaration of Independence which states that when a government becomes so corrupt it is the "Duty" of the people to overthrow/replace it. (I haven't seen that in any other country in the world. If there is such a phrasing in a document in any other country could someone please quote it.)

The only thing that makes me smile when I think back on it is there are a couple corrupt judges who had to retire because of me or due to me and a bunch of lawyers that are really glad I moved out of the states. One of the judges in one of my federal cases is dead. I didn't do it as he died of Cancer, but I like to think I helped him along on the path to Hell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic