Fake Monks - The Cure

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Otis
Expatriate

Fake Monks - The Cure

Post by Otis »

Was walking around 136 the other day and saw one of our own fake monks making his beaded and braceleted rounds scanning the population for fresh-faced foolish honkies as usual.

I entered the Barang Senate convened as usual in its chamber at the tables in front of Neil's Mart and announced that no one would be permitted to leave until someone came up with a workable idea on the fake monk scourge matter. One of the gathered, a genius, whose name I forget but who is in NZ for a visit now, was on it within 10 seconds.

His solution: give them funeral money.
Otis
Expatriate

Re: Fake Monks - The Cure

Post by Otis »

MORE - Saw 2 of these robed entrepreneurs in the space of about 20 mins on the beach paths of Occheteal flitting about as ever.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I was approached by one of the usual fake monks while enjoying a cold one at Charley Harper's. I told him he had until I got out of my chair to get out of my sight or he would be joining the spirit world. Its wonderful to see someone in a orange dress can move that fast.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Can't do anything about them on the public walkway, but I have refused them access to our bar/restaurant area and our private beach. I literally told them to fuk off and stop hassling my customers. Earned me the evil eye every time they walk past, but I couldn't give a rats arse. I do this with ANY of the beggars, massage ladies or bracelet sellers that actively harass my customers as do most of the other business' on Serendipity. The decent ones are welcome, the harassers are sixty sixed.
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

They have approached on a number of occasions, I just tell them in a loud voice that they are fake monks and real monks never ask for money. Quite often they get angry and I say that real monks would never get angry. They usually walk away quick.
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I feel so left out...not once have I ever been approached by the fake monks or the Filipino blackjack scammers :( ...is it because I don't wear socks and sandals or tuck my t-shirt into my cargo shorts???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic