Dentists in Sihanoukville

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mr. Yan
Expatriate

Dentists in Sihanoukville

Post by Mr. Yan »

Ok, I know this will spark the inevitable Sihanoukville comments such as: I didn't think Sihanoukville expats had any teeth, figured they would just wait till the meth makes them fall out, and so on...However,I personally still have all of my teeth,(even have a valid passport AND visa) and my usual dentist in Sihanoukville was gone the last time I tried to go.They are not in the building anymore. I previously went to the one just a few doors down from Ekareach bookstore on the same side of the street, but I forget the name. Anyone by chance know where they moved to, or had any good experiences with other dentists in town?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Dentists in Sihanoukville

Post by phuketrichard »

i had cause to visit a dentist in my brief visit in shv . had a molar infected so had to have it and another one pulled, as one was loose, the other fucked.
very good, i hate needles but i didn't feel a thing, but not cheap ( $50/tooth) double what i pay in Phuket
I am sure i could have shopped around but he was recommended but my friend and i just wanted it done.
heading towards the the beach down ekareach street from Victory hill, right before the 2nd gas station on the right,air con office.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Ok, if we're doing dentist jokes . . .

Q. What is the best time to go to the dentist?

A. Two thirty.*

* tooth hurty
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I've heard good things about the American/Cambodian dentist office downtown on the main street (west side). He trained in America and does up to and including implants. I had a friend from America that had a lot of work done there and he said he was good.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I went where everyone recommends, Naro on main st. They did a small filling, but drilled that deep I had bad toothache for over 2 weeks. When I went back they said I need root canal :shock: but pain went on its own eventually. I've used a place called Sok Chea? a few times and the dentist there (maybe Mr Sok Chea) a bit eccentric but does a good job, saved a few of my teeth now!. Turn left after going past Samudara Supermart, on right near end of st, almost Opposite Apsara print shop.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yea naro is his name
reason i had to have mine pulled is they drilled to deep also when my dentist in Phuket did a filing, 'got to shv an was in pain,
pulled it, no pain no more :-)

he was good/professional but expensive
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hondojim
Tourist

Post by hondojim »

I've had 3 teeth capped by a dentist on the street that runs in the back of the big market. Don't remember his name but the front of his office is a pharmacy ran by his wife. cost was $100 per cap. Did very good work and I am well satisfied.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Naro is generally recommended here. As for cost its not bad you just turn up and see a dentist. Try that with a private dentist in the UK and the price here will seem so low ... and in the UK at least you'll need an appointment. Even if you have an NHS dentist in the UK you usually need an appointment ( I was lucky with my last dentist there if you arrived before 9am they would see emergency appointments but thats not normal practice)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I usually go to the Roomchang Dental Hospital in PP, but I don't really care for the 4 hour bus ride and I only needed a filling and teeth cleaning. Just over a year ago a friend from the states got some implants/false teeth work done at the Khmer-American Dental Clinic, Dr. Ngor Sopheak, N 76 Ekareach St, Sihanoukville. I walked in and was seen right away. After the cleaning he showed me I needed three fillings and I said Ok. His equipment looked modern/clean and he worked very efficiently. I got three fillings and a cleaning for $70. You can't even tell there are fillings as he matched the color just right. He said he studied under an American doctor and does major implants. I'm happy with his work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic