Village girls

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tadpole
Expatriate

Re: Village girls

Post by Tadpole »

I must say, I have difficulty imagining a philanthropic aspect wrt this situation.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Make friend with a factory fixer, dump her to him in front of the factory where your bribe will already have secured her a job. Problem solved and good system being already in place, rinse and repeat.
Not personal but assuredly from some local's acquaintances experience :pardon:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Duncan wrote: So just recently, a Khmer friend left this village girl from the outbacks of Snuol with me because she did not have a place to stay or have family or friends here in PP, and caring for her safety he thought my apartment would be a safe place for her.[ wrong ] The only job in her 21 years of life has been looking after a few cows on her parents rice farm, does not read or write Khmer [ or English ] and is very shy. Her having spent all her life in the countryside where there are very few people..

Dude, Snoul is practically the Pattaya of the South east for Khmer, Sino's Viets and other truck driving/ Army slimebags.

It's not as sleepy and innocent as it looks. Chances are this girl is a divorcee, a KTV refugee or a runaway.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jerry Atrick wrote:
Duncan wrote: So just recently, a Khmer friend left this village girl from the outbacks of Snuol with me because she did not have a place to stay or have family or friends here in PP, and caring for her safety he thought my apartment would be a safe place for her.[ wrong ] The only job in her 21 years of life has been looking after a few cows on her parents rice farm, does not read or write Khmer [ or English ] and is very shy. Her having spent all her life in the countryside where there are very few people..

Dude, Snoul is practically the Pattaya of the South east for Khmer, Sino's Viets and other truck driving/ Army slimebags.

It's not as sleepy and innocent as it looks. Chances are this girl is a divorcee, a KTV refugee or a runaway.

hmmm Snoul you say.... id best add this destination to my Round Cambodia Road Trip me thinks :twisted: haha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Duncan, we need more information about it. Why did she come to phnom penh way before her starting day at work ?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

Jerry Atrick wrote:

IMHO divorcee is innocent. or ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Jerry Atrick wrote:

hmmm Snoul you say.... id best add this destination to my Round Cambodia Road Trip me thinks :twisted: haha
It's a fucking total dump.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Jerry Atrick wrote:

i live in Shitsville mate 8) hahaha
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

khmerre wrote:
Jerry Atrick wrote:

IMHO divorcee is innocent. or ?
in cambodia only a Virgin girl is innocent, once that white cloth has got dirty, it will never be clean again...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Jerry Atrick wrote:
Dude, Snoul is practically the Pattaya of the South east for Khmer, Sino's Viets and other truck driving/ Army slimebags...
Snoul might be a truckstop and bus stop,but JB's got it nailed: its total dump alright. I was so impressed, I took a photo:
Makes you want to live there.
Jamie, you will probably go through Snoul without noticing anything except more flies than usual.

As for the girl, there must be good reasons why she was sent alone to PP and its ok for her to live alone with a male barang. I'm afraid she may have commited a "fault" as they say. I hope its a past fault and not a wonderful surprise yet to come and enrich your old age Duncan.
Speak to your khmer "friend" - he must know what's going on.

In the meantime, the girl will improve your Khmer, but you will speak with a Snoul accent. :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic