Village girls

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Village girls

Post by Duncan »

I have had a empty chair and a space beside me in my bed for quite a while now, and I am always looking for the perfect girl that is not a '' bargirl '' or a Wat Phnom reject to share, what is left of my life. So just recently, a Khmer friend left this village girl from the outbacks of Snuol with me because she did not have a place to stay or have family or friends here in PP, and caring for her safety he thought my apartment would be a safe place for her.[ wrong ] The only job in her 21 years of life has been looking after a few cows on her parents rice farm, does not read or write Khmer [ or English ] and is very shy. Her having spent all her life in the countryside where there are very few people, she does not like crowds, bars, even schools have to many people.
I want to keep that chair and space beside me in my bed vacant incase the perfect partner for me comes into my life, so what does one do with a village girl to help her on her way in life.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Village girls

Post by juansweetpotato »

Duncan wrote:I have had a empty chair and a space beside me in my bed for quite a while now, and I am always looking for the perfect girl that is not a '' bargirl '' or a Wat Phnom reject to share, what is left of my life. So just recently, a Khmer friend left this village girl from the outbacks of Snuol with me because she did not have a place to stay or have family or friends here in PP, and caring for her safety he thought my apartment would be a safe place for her.[ wrong ] The only job in her 21 years of life has been looking after a few cows on her parents rice farm, does not read or write Khmer [ or English ] and is very shy. Her having spent all her life in the countryside where there are very few people, she does not like crowds, bars, even schools have to many people.
I want to keep that chair and space beside me in my bed vacant incase the perfect partner for me comes into my life, so what does one do with a village girl to help her on her way in life.
Just see what comes naturally? Fall in love, have loads of kids and live happily ever after, maybe. It does happen.
The least you can do is feed her up and try to teach her a bit of English and how to swim. Slowly, slowly. Sounds like she is still young enough to learn. Everyone that moves from the country to a place with a lot of people takes a while to adjust. Give her time to acclimatize to her new surroundings.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

how come she has had to leave home?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:how come she has had to leave home?

[ communication problems ],,,, I guess if I could find out, it would be the fact that there is no future in a rice field, one thousand miles from nowhere, for a girl of marriageable age.
I'll try to put her in the right direction for a job but with no skills I think she will end up in the usual industries , clothing factory or ? unless she gets training fron a NGO.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

If her parents let her stay with you? Be careful when you help someone, you might be accused a human trafficker.
BTW she seems doesn't know anything to help herself. People change when they know everything. You should give her the time to learn and help herself then if she decides to be your long romantic partner, let's go for it. :-) good luck.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

This is really weird to leave her with someone she doesn't know or have no idea of before. Not to mention, she hardly read khmer and how is she going to talk to you. One more thing is that you are a foreigner and as you mentioned she spent of most her time in the countryside looking after her parents cattle. I wonder if she ever saw a white-face person before.

Out of curiosity, what was happening with her parents and why did they need to send her to the city while they have no relative here and her daughter is f*cking clueless about the city.

BTW, i think little salary has got a point. Have you ever thought that it is your friend plan to rob you. Dump a young country girl with you and go to police say you kidnapped her, illegally detained her and raped her ?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Samouth wrote:This is really weird to leave her with someone she doesn't know or have no idea of before. Not to mention, she hardly read khmer and how is she going to talk to you. One more thing is that you are a foreigner and as you mentioned she spent of most her time in the countryside looking after her parents cattle. I wonder if she ever saw a white-face person before.

Out of curiosity, what was happening with her parents and why did they need to send her to the city while they have no relative here and her daughter is f*cking clueless about the city.

BTW, i think little salary has got a point. Have you ever thought that it is your friend plan to rob you. Dump a young country girl with you and go to police say you kidnapped her, illegally detained her and raped her ?

That's going to make a great movie. But your right, she cannot read Khmer, too shy to talk to me, too uneducated to learn. In the end I will probably find out that her parents are multi millionaires.

But the good news is, [ just received ] she has just been promised a job cleaning in a hotel for $100 pm starting on 13 of December.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Why do I have this sense of foreboding?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:how come she has had to leave home?

[ communication problems ],,,, I guess if I could find out, it would be the fact that there is no future in a rice field, one thousand miles from nowhere, for a girl of marriageable age.
I'll try to put her in the right direction for a job but with no skills I think she will end up in the usual industries , clothing factory or ? unless she gets training fron a NGO.
yeah its a strange set up, as others have mentioned, but at least shes got a job sorted hopefully, i have heard similar stories before but the girl hasnt been left with a barang stranger, good luck though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

it is a bit unusual that she has to leave her village and stay with a unknown man in PP
is she divorced ? or maybe she was engaged and the guy disappeared

I think you can do something good for her and have some amusement with her (not in the sexual way). It is great to show her slowly the city way of life, but always respecting her. I remember a village woman the first time in the elevator, maybe she had seen just on the TV.

Maybe you could teach her some English.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic