Are Thais in Bangkok Snobby racist wankers ?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Are Thais in Bangkok Snobby racist wankers ?

Post by bkktrapper »

Im quite sure this article is directed at taiwan but give reference to bangkok being snobby unaccepting wankers.
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-34913564
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Are Thais in Bangkok Snobby racist wankers ?

Post by juansweetpotato »

bkktrapper wrote:Im quite sure this article is directed at taiwan but give reference to bangkok being snobby unaccepting wankers.
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-34913564
Ummm yes?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

The Korean living in Manila commented: "I speak Tagalog without an accent because I was born in the Philippines. When some Filipinos learn I speak Tagalog, the reaction is first surprise then later a kind of nervousness, as if they feel they have lost the only advantage they had."
Farang poot thai mi dee, roo mahk

Foreigner that speaks thai is no good cause he understands
An expatriate man who has lived in Bangkok for 15 years wrote: "You can never become accepted even if you have good spoken Thai and knowledge of customs. I, and many of my long-term colleagues, share the same opinion that you can never ever have a true friendship (in the Western sense) although they will fawn and smile all over you if it's of advantage to them. We called it the Land of Lies (not smiles)."
I agree with this 95%
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

phuketrichard wrote:
The Korean living in Manila commented: "I speak Tagalog without an accent because I was born in the Philippines. When some Filipinos learn I speak Tagalog, the reaction is first surprise then later a kind of nervousness, as if they feel they have lost the only advantage they had."
Farang poot thai mi dee, roo mahk

Foreigner that speaks thai is no good cause he understands
An expatriate man who has lived in Bangkok for 15 years wrote: "You can never become accepted even if you have good spoken Thai and knowledge of customs. I, and many of my long-term colleagues, share the same opinion that you can never ever have a true friendship (in the Western sense) although they will fawn and smile all over you if it's of advantage to them. We called it the Land of Lies (not smiles)."

I agree with this 95%

FARANG KEE NOK ! or FALANG MOAW is what i mostly hear when im walking down the street.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Falang baa!
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

anti farang ropaganda blasts every 8 am here in bangkok and every tv channel is taken over at 6 pm buy the gubberment to tell all the lambs everthing thing is ok aslong as we all hate farang together for farang is the unpure one and deserves to be smurked and scowled at for spending his millions of baht to improve the economy and improving our english skills.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

It should be quite obvious by now that the Thai govt is actively discouraging "farang" from settling in Thailand while encouraging those who are already to leave posthaste.

The Thais are starting to get frustrated that some people simply cannot take a hint and try to stay on and on and on. Those days are simply over.

They even told the US Ambassador to "go home" and "go fuck yourself".

The military takeover took place about 18 months ago with no end in sight. Not sure what folks are waiting for, but you can't say you weren't warned.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic