UK tourist charges indecent assault on the night bus PP-SV

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: UK tourist charges indecent assault on the night bus PP-SV

Post by chkwoot »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:Guide to Cambodian bus companies. Virak Buntham gets a big mention.
http://www.camboguide.com/practical/get ... ia-by-bus/

On the positve side: Giant Ibis gets their N°1 rating, followed by Mekong Express.
Mekong Express van kills girl
They might want to update that rating. I''m not saying that one accident makes them rubbish, but this is a horrible accident where a girl was killed due to bad driving. And of course the driver ran away.
PURSAT – A girl was killed after a Mekong Express van ran her over yesterday morning on National Road 5 in Bacan district.
Police in Bakan district said the victim was a 14-year-old student at Bakan Secondary School.

Witnesses said that after finishing school, the girl was riding her bicycle home along the National Road. A van driving at high speeds attempted to overtake a car that was moving slow because the girl was in front of it...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/17996/ ... d-tragedy/
Thursday, 19 November 2015
Stupid Google Translate! Should be Bacon!

Seriously, that's all I saw. I've got gonkitits.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: UK tourist charges indecent assault on the night bus PP-SV

Post by Anchor Moy »

So Virak Buntham are cleaning up their act?
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/17242/ ... r-boycott/

Today's horror story on Trip advisor. (Note: I've put in a few paragraphs to make it a bit easier to read, but I'm sure the people who wrote this won't mind that I've copied and pasted their post.)
43. Re: WARNING - Virak-Buntham Express Travel & Tour
today, 9:10

This is the worst bus company ever.

DO NOT TRAVEL WITH THEM

We booked a bus from Sihanoukville to Bangkok which was $30 U.S. and we were told it would take 15 hours, oh how we were played. First of all we were on the most clostraphobic 70% recline bus, without our promised toilet, free water or wifi for a few hours. We then stopped in the middle of the night to change busses and we were hurried off the bus onto another 'hotel' bus which was much comfier but still awful and not clean; again no wifi, no toilet and no water.

We .arrived at the Thai border early the next day and luckily we managed to sail through without much hassle, however as soon as we got to the office where we had to wait for our mini bus, my boyfriend discovered he had had his camera stolen from his backpack in the hold of the bus. When we notified them they simply told him that 'he had forgotten it and left it back in Cambodia' as if to say we have nothing to do with it and there's nothing we can do, when we asked someone we believd to be more offical he asked us for the bus number, and start location, the latter was easy but the bus number was almost 9 didgets long and he clearly had no intention of helping us.

Furious and enraged we then got on our mini bus to take us to Bangkok. 20 minutes after the boarder our minibus driver was driving way too fast and we collided head first with a tuk tuk driver, whose medical state we are still unsure of, but by the looks of the crash we presumed he had died instantly.
Our driver took this all very lightly and once he had filled out his paper work he asked us all to get back on the already smashed up bus to take us to the police station. This was becoming our worst nightmare. We sat in the police station and prayed that they wouldn't accuse us or try and make us pay for something.
We luckily were transferred to another mini bus which took us to Bangkok. We were dropped in the middle of nowhere in downtown Bangkok with no implication of transport to our hostel which turned out to be miles away. We had now been travelling for 25 hours instead of 15 and then of course we got completely scammed by a tuk tuk driver who over charged us and tried to take us to another hostel.

I am posting our story here so other travellers don't make the same mistake that we did, PLEASE I URGE YOU NOT TO GET THIS BUS hopefully more people will realise just how awful it is and what a waste of time and money it is.

I also advise anyone travelling by bus in South East Asia to be really careful who you travel with, keep your wits about you and only travel with government busses or busses which you Google first to make sure they are ok. A few hours before posting this our friend who was travelling from Chiang Mai to Bangkok on an 'Indra Tours' bus which crashed in the middle of the night killing 2 people and injuring another 50, our friend being one who escaped with a broken ankle after being trapped for over an hour.

I am posting this because all travellers need to know the risk of touring with unreliable and unsafe bus companies so please research busses before buying and please be safe.

Safe travels guys and girls
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic- ... l#70999274
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic