Boat festival in "Shitsville"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Boat festival in "Shitsville"

Post by TheGrinchSR »

rubberbaron wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:Sailorman, you're an American - you wouldn't know class if it bit you on your... arse.
Shouldn't it be in the ass/arse?

Ha, ha, that's a good one. First he/she (sorry I don't know what that person is) posted that he/she is always amused that people insult him/her when reading something bad about SHV and now insults another poster. Great stuff, from a self-anointed intellectual who disparages many things - must have a very unhappy life, that one. 'Been there', when?

Sorry, couldn't help but post this.
Thank you for your highly intellectual contribution - Shitsville based are you? The contrast between ass and arse is deliberate. (The two (class and arse) rhyme if you speak English properly and if you don't the other two (class and ass) rhyme).
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Amazing stuff from folks who live in a city that actually has a shit river that stinks to high heaven & overflows from time to time. You all sure aren't afraid of throwing stones in your glass house are you ? If SV is "Shitsville" then your home should by all rights be called Pig Penh.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

wackyjacky wrote:Amazing stuff from folks who live in a city that actually has a shit river that stinks to high heaven & overflows from time to time. You all sure aren't afraid of throwing stones in your glass house are you ? If SV is "Shitsville" then your home should by all rights be called Pig Penh.
:plus1: :bow:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

TheGrinchSR wrote: Thank you for your highly intellectual contribution - Shitsville based are you? The contrast between ass and arse is deliberate. (The two (class and arse) rhyme if you speak English properly and if you don't the other two (class and ass) rhyme).
What a pitiful retort from someone who thinks superiority manifests itself in a British accent - from someone who obviously comes from a country where 95% of the population don't speak correct English nor have that 'superior' public school accent. Just think of East End in London, the Liverpudlians, Manchester, Birmingham, Yorkshire, etc. British English is nowadays spoken by a minority and is anything but the yardstick for 'proper' English. (BTW, not exactly SHV based but I do a rather good business there.)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

wackyjacky wrote:Amazing stuff from folks who live in a city that actually has a shit river that stinks to high heaven & overflows from time to time. You all sure aren't afraid of throwing stones in your glass house are you ? If SV is "Shitsville" then your home should by all rights be called Pig Penh.
Yes, it overflows from time to time. But we didn't route it through the main tourist area, like you guys did.

The whole country could be likened to a Pig Penh, but think of the bacon spinoff...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Much of Pig Penh lives in a fecal soup after evey hard rain. We here in SV don't live in shit. Even Ochhueteal during Khmer New Years is one million times cleaner than the poop soup you all walk through Monsoon season. 2 years ago I was headed to Lux on 136 before flying back to the States in June , the water was two feet deep, there were lotsa huge rats swimming around trying to climb up on me, and this isn't even a bad part of town for flooding. Google the effectiveness of your sewage system sometime. You in fact are the ones living in "Shitsville". If you are honestly saying the amount and concentration of e-coli generated from a city the size of SV in the fucking ocean can be 1/1000 of what Pig Penh dumps in the Bassac you are brain dead. I go to Ochhueteal occasionally and don't swim there. You in Pig Penh literally live in shit. The bottom of your shoes are petri dishes.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i think criticism of both places is worthless.
soft targets on so many fronts.
to assume partisanship of one over another is absurd and childish.

why not leave that stuff elsewhere, where it first reared it's fool head?
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Your right, but I've been biting my tongue for 4 years. I've gotten completely fed up obviously.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

wackyjacky wrote:Much of Pig Penh lives in a fecal soup after evey hard rain. We here in SV don't live in shit. Even Ochhueteal during Khmer New Years is one million times cleaner than the poop soup you all walk through Monsoon season. 2 years ago I was headed to Lux on 136 before flying back to the States in June , the water was two feet deep, there were lotsa huge rats swimming around trying to climb up on me, and this isn't even a bad part of town for flooding. Google the effectiveness of your sewage system sometime. You in fact are the ones living in "Shitsville". If you are honestly saying the amount and concentration of e-coli generated from a city the size of SV in the fucking ocean can be 1/1000 of what Pig Penh dumps in the Bassac you are brain dead. I go to Ochhueteal occasionally and don't swim there. You in Pig Penh literally live in shit. The bottom of your shoes are petri dishes.
hahaha :plus1: Pig Penh Never Forget!!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

rubberbaron wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote: Thank you for your highly intellectual contribution - Shitsville based are you? The contrast between ass and arse is deliberate. (The two (class and arse) rhyme if you speak English properly and if you don't the other two (class and ass) rhyme).
What a pitiful retort from someone who thinks superiority manifests itself in a British accent - from someone who obviously comes from a country where 95% of the population don't speak correct English nor have that 'superior' public school accent. Just think of East End in London, the Liverpudlians, Manchester, Birmingham, Yorkshire, etc. British English is nowadays spoken by a minority and is anything but the yardstick for 'proper' English. (BTW, not exactly SHV based but I do a rather good business there.)
It is the international demarkation of quality; like it or not a Recieved Pronounciation accent is the envy of the world. A Yorkshire accent is not even the envy of Liverpool and let's be fair about this - Liverpudlians might even envy the life in Shitsville.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic