i spent 20 seconds working as a motodop

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
clippy
Expatriate

i spent 20 seconds working as a motodop

Post by clippy »

a strange incident happened to me recently.

i was riding my moto along the road, when i saw a man on the pavement. he was waving at me and looking at right at me and clearly wanted me to stop and i had no idea who it was but since he was clearly trying to talk to me i thought hey maybe its someone i know but i just dont place the face right now

so, did a 180, rode back up to him and even before i get the chance to say hello, the guy just sits on the back of my moto. starts mumbling something that sounds like directions of where he wants me to go

and i realise that i never met this guy in my life but he thinks that i am a motodop. how the fuck does he think im a motodop

I'm not khmer, i'm not even asian, i am a westerner. now i see that he is incredibly drunk. its about 2pm at this time. So i just stare at him with my white persons face in amazement and tell him that i am not a motodop. but he's having none of it "oh come on just up the road mate"

i might have actually taken him but he was so fat that it feels like the suspension on the moto is bottoming out. plus hes so drunk that he seems about to fall over and we're not even moving yet. i manage to get him off the back and rode off

i just feel pretty happy that i dont have to actually work as a motodop and spend my days driving fat drunkards around for a dollar all day, i start to feel bad for those guys that do now

ps. guess in which town in cambodia this happened?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: i spent 20 seconds working as a motodop

Post by Username Taken »

clippy wrote: ps. guess in which town in cambodia this happened?
You want us to say Sihanoukville, don't you?

:evil:
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

Guessed it in one. we have a winner
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

lol
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

haha i took 2 drunk russians back to their hotel (near serendipity once that were walking back from victory hill, got a $5 out of it and it was pretty much on my way anyway lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

clippy wrote:Guessed it in one. we have a winner
What was the dude's nationality?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic