Guy goes out fishing...

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Guy goes out fishing...

Post by Anchor Moy »

...and gets washed ashore 438 days later and 6,700 miles away. I expect at least one person will remark that this is a bit of a fishy tale. :D
Salvador Alvarenga, a 36-year-old fisherman from El Salvador, had left the coast of Mexico in a small boat with a young crewmate 14 months earlier. Now he was being taken to Ebon Atoll, the southernmost tip of the Marshall Islands, and the closest town to where he had washed ashore. He was 6,700 miles from the place he had set out from. He had drifted for 438 days...
Who survives 14 months at sea? Only a Hollywood screenwriter could write a tale in which such a journey ends happily. I was sceptical, but as a Guardian reporter in the region, I began to investigate. It turned out there were dozens of witnesses who had seen Alvarenga leave shore, who had heard his SOS...
Over the course of more than 40 interviews, he described his extraordinary survival at sea. This is his story.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/n ... ok-extract
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Guy goes out fishing...

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote:...and gets washed ashore 438 days later and 6,700 miles away. I expect at least one person will remark that this is a bit of a fishy tale.
Just the sheer scale of it. Was he a Finn?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Guy goes out fishing...

Post by vladimir »

Obviously another Mexican trying to get into the US to rape white women and sell drugs
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic