So you drink. Well done, you.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: So you drink. Well done, you.

Post by vladimir »

Re the food threads, I think SunSan, who started it on frontstabbers.inc set out to educate people about the diversity of food and he simply enjoyed it.

I have seen posts from a few people that make me wonder whether their specific post exists simply to brag about their lifestyle.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

dagenham wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:^ RIP, because it sounds like he is living on borrowed time already.
He would heartily agree. That's the entire point of being a true Libertarian (from his viewpoint). The skirting of all "Nanny-State" regulations include refusing the use of all safety device and practices.

"Freedom!" is his mantra! "Freedom from all authority in all its forms - that is why I'm in Cambodia!" he declares often.
I would call that "Dare Devil Libertarianism". Libertarianism is more like "I should be able to choose to wear a helmet or not." In fact technically it's against the law to not wear a helmet here.

I think he's a little disillusioned, and has confused his Ideals, with the heightened Barang status you are automatically granted here on arrival.

You are only free here until you run out of money, then you're fucked.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

FreeSocrates! wrote:
dagenham wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:^ RIP, because it sounds like he is living on borrowed time already.
He would heartily agree. That's the entire point of being a true Libertarian (from his viewpoint). The skirting of all "Nanny-State" regulations include refusing the use of all safety device and practices.

"Freedom!" is his mantra! "Freedom from all authority in all its forms - that is why I'm in Cambodia!" he declares often.
I would call that "Dare Devil Libertarianism". Libertarianism is more like "I should be able to choose to wear a helmet or not." In fact technically it's against the law to not wear a helmet here.

I think he's a little disillusioned, and has confused his Ideals, with the heightened Barang status you are automatically granted here on arrival.

You are only free here until you run out of money, then you're fucked.
"Libertarians" tend to be, by their very nature, against all laws in general - especially lifestyle oriented ones. And, yes, $$ is the ultimate enabler - no matter your political bent. From left-wing eco-warrior PC feminist all along the spectrum to right-wing racist bigoted fascist. Dosh determines all, in the end.
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

dagenham wrote:From left-wing eco-warrior PC feminist all along the spectrum to right-wing racist bigoted fascist. Dosh determines all, in the end.
Which is precisely why we should change the system.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

vladimir wrote:
dagenham wrote:From left-wing eco-warrior PC feminist all along the spectrum to right-wing racist bigoted fascist. Dosh determines all, in the end.
Which is precisely why we should change the system.
I'm with you, Mate. Any one human being should be limited to spending under $1 million per annum. Who can morally justify spending more? Greedy fucks.

But, the age-old conundrum - who does the redistribution? Hmmm...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:I am wondering what caused such a rant from SoiDog. Was it directed at specific people on this site or K440? Or just a general rant about people in society as a whole?
Mostly from the other site and all the lame, predictable "it's beer thirty" etc. posts on there. Year after year from the same people. I questioned why making the exact same comments over and over and over never gets boring for such posters. Then I started seeing the beginnings of the same type of posts on here.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:For thousands of years men have been comparing how big their dicks were by how WELL they could hold their booze.
Exactly. And to me (and I seem to be the only one here who feels this way) that is so lame and boring and tired. I got bored of that shit way back in high school and personally can't fathom why adults would carry on so. But then again, most things about human behavior puzzle me.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:I don't really understand the point of this thread....no offense.
The point? My threads are supposed to have points? Fucking hell. Why didn't anyone tell me that before I paid for my CEO membership? :cry:
Last edited by Soi Dog on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Point is everyone is entitled to be a drama queen and be proud of it.
But just as any drama queen, get ready for the backlash.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Joon wrote:Point is everyone is entitled to be a drama queen and be proud of it.
Are you calling me a drama queen?
I am outraged and totally devastated by your comment, so much so, I may jump off a bridge or tall building.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Are you calling me a drama queen?
I am outraged and totally devastated by your comment, so much so, I may jump off a bridge or tall building.
Do you need a map? 8-)

A bridge you say? No need to Kwai...
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:
Joon wrote:Point is everyone is entitled to be a drama queen and be proud of it.
Are you calling me a drama queen?
She didn't say, "Flaming drama queen", you can relax. :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic