What's in the balloons?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: What's in the balloons?

Post by General Mackevili »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
I also didn't think it was cool when someone fell flat backwards and thank the stars, did not hit the back of their head.
LoL! That was hilarious! And he kept his balloon. There is a God!

I've passed out cold after a balloon while running! Crashed head first into the side of a doorway and woke up with some hippies around me not knowing if they should be worried or laughing. They finally decided on laughing.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Weren't they blending this with helium until the helium ran dry?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

^ mental image of the General staggering about with a couple of balloons, and a high pitched voice, he'd look like Mickey Mouse!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:Combination of gas and non-air-environment, similar to the Oracle of Delphi of old. No doubt we'll get some prophets coming out of this lot.
Given the prices of a bottle, and the price of a balloon... lots of profits coming out of it from what I can gather.
General Mackevili wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
I also didn't think it was cool when someone fell flat backwards and thank the stars, did not hit the back of their head.
LoL! That was hilarious! And he kept his balloon. There is a God!

I've passed out cold after a balloon while running! Crashed head first into the side of a doorway and woke up with some hippies around me not knowing if they should be worried or laughing. They finally decided on laughing.
Good thing I'm a good catch ;-)

Still doesn't match the photo of us rolling around at JJs.... rofl.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Combination of gas and non-air-environment, similar to the Oracle of Delphi of old. No doubt we'll get some prophets coming out of this lot.
Given the prices of a bottle, and the price of a balloon... lots of profits coming out of it from what I can gather..
Nice - I see what you did there!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

After the crackdown on Shisha's, I wonder how long this will last? Is it in Khmer bars too, does anyone know?
Out of interest, the first time I tried it was when my son was born ( 28 LOOONG years ago!) and did it regularly ( ie - a pack of 10 bulbs, 2 or 3 times a week)for 4 or 5 years, without any side effects. It was the ONLY "drug" my ex would touch, but if I told you the reason she loved it, this thread would have to go into the After Dark section! Lets just say it enhances certain things for a woman if taken at precisely the right time ;)
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Hotdigr wrote:After the crackdown on Shisha's, I wonder how long this will last? Is it in Khmer bars too, does anyone know?
Out of interest, the first time I tried it was when my son was born ( 28 LOOONG years ago!) and did it regularly ( ie - a pack of 10 bulbs, 2 or 3 times a week)for 4 or 5 years, without any side effects. It was the ONLY "drug" my ex would touch, but if I told you the reason she loved it, this thread would have to go into the After Dark section! Lets just say it enhances certain things for a woman if taken at precisely the right time ;)
I haven't seen it in the Khmer bars, which is surprising because the Khmer seem to love it. Apparently there's one place doing them in the plaza now (saw a guy down there leaving the bar we were in then coming back with them quickly) and I know of 1 doing them in the square... but otherwise it's purely a beach thing from what I can tell.

Opportunity there for any bar owner on the hill, because the hostess girls love em... and love making the guys buy them for them... and the guys tend to. Handsome amount of cash to be made.

Charge $2 for them (since you're the only show in town) and give the girl a 2000R kickback (on hers, not his, and tallied up and given at the end of the night) like ladydrinks.

Costs into 1 decent sized balloon, after some wastage from pops and staff usage, right around 2000-3000R.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

When I first did it I thought the balloon was going to be filled with Helium. I wasn't too happy when I found out, but hey, I had to laugh!
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:When I first did it I thought the balloon was going to be filled with Helium. I wasn't too happy when I found out, but hey, I had to laugh!
It took me the longest time to realize it actually deepens the sound of your voice, and it wasn't just OD fucking with me.

It's like the opposite of helium.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

my doctor in North Queensland died from n20 about 20 years ago, he dialed the oxygen down too far and could not take the mask off because unconcious.
if using a ballonn, you will go unconscious before expiring from anoxia- care is needed with this stuff.

This business supplying nitrous is for sale i think.
n20 to go is the name. they import the scientific grade gas from saigon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic