Top 5 or 10 Places You Eat At

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Nomad
Tourist

Re: Top 5 or 10 Places You Eat At

Post by Nomad »

Thanks to all who replied. Will definitely reserve at Open Wine for lunch. Sounds great!
jay26
Tourist

Post by jay26 »

Rain Dog wrote:
Nomad wrote:I'll be coming back to PP soon after a 2 year absence. Please list a few of the restaurant that you recommend. Indicate $(cheap) or $$(not too bad). Not into expensive because I don't need a the extra expense for atmosphere. Thanks in advance.
It depends on what you like. If you are eating around the riverside area I know most of the Places ..

If American/Western Grub Go with Lonestar for southern cooking or Larry's (Great Pizza and Pastas among other things) or Cadillac (Good Eats, huge portions, and every item on menu is $5 on Fridays)... (the latter two a bit more expensive due to location).

Plenty of tourist quality Khmer/western food places along the river side and also on St 172 ... IMHO the quality does not vary that much from place to place.Expect to pay $4-5$ a dish.

Also Great and cheap Indonesian food on St 178 (Bali Hai)

Cheers,

RD

thanks for this info! ill try this one!
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Top 5 or 10 Places You Eat At

Post by Skankykins »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i started eating alot at the River Star Hotel's restaurant at the bottom of 118 down the river front, its opposite the Mekong Riverside bar/restaurant, its cheap for the quality $4-5 a meal some things are cheaper some more expensive nice mix of khmer/thai/western
River Star Restaurant is a great shot! Nice coffee and very good, well-priced food.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Top 5 or 10 Places You Eat At

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Skankykins wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:i started eating alot at the River Star Hotel's restaurant at the bottom of 118 down the river front, its opposite the Mekong Riverside bar/restaurant, its cheap for the quality $4-5 a meal some things are cheaper some more expensive nice mix of khmer/thai/western
River Star Restaurant is a great shot! Nice coffee and very good, well-priced food.

Cheap coctails as well ;) :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

Yeah, I saw that too. Very good food though. Malay curry and then Nasi Goreng (Different days) Image

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

6th floor Sorya mall food court $2-3
Blue dolphin street 172 $3-5 ( i do enjoy their pizza an chicken curry)
Larry's street 110 ( i think) $4-8
Lemon grass thai 130 i think $4-6 /dish
street food around the Kandal market
Lonestar around the corner street 172 $4-7 American
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

phuketrichard wrote:6th floor Sorya mall food court $2-3
Blue dolphin street 172 $3-5 ( i do enjoy their pizza an chicken curry)
Larry's street 110 ( i think) $4-8
Lemon grass thai 130 i think $4-6 /dish
street food around the Kandal market
Lonestar around the corner street 172 $4-7 American
I wouldn't be surprised if a whacked joint like California Pizza Kitchen did a Chicken Curry Pizza, but BD doing a "pizza an chicken curry" is beyond the pale !
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

I've actually had a chicken tikka pizza and it was fucking amazing. But yes, phuketrichard's semi-literate and general half-arsed writing style only confuses.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic