Best Sunday roast?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Best Sunday roast?

Post by wolfcreek »

Please give me your opinion..... Also, times/costs (if you know).

Thank you very much.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Best Sunday roast?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Buffalo Sister, google or search on FB for details, I can't be bothered sorry.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Buffalo Sister, google or search on FB for details, I can't be bothered sorry.
Here's a review of Buffalo Sister from last year. I believe they have relocated since then. You can always ask on that thread.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/getting ... -t493.html

:beer3:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote:Buffalo Sister, google or search on FB for details, I can't be bothered sorry.
Here's a review of Buffalo Sister from last year. I believe they have relocated since then. You can always ask on that thread.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/getting ... -t493.html

:beer3:
Now in TTP, directly across from Sumatra if that helps.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Skirts Bar/Restaurant, st 174, opposite the old St Tropez. The quality (and quantity) is very good and the price is very reasonable at (I believe) $7 including one drink. Some meats are priced higher. Available from 2pm until not sure when but quite late.
JessB52
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by JessB52 »

definitely another vote for Buffalo Sister, near Russian Market on St 456, nr corner of 123 (I remember it just as 123 456).

There's also Shanghai on corner of 172 and 51 and is only $6 and pretty good!
Cambodia's answer to Bet Lynch

https://www.facebook.com/JessatQuealys
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Ok, its not a Sunday roast, its a Friday roast. But the best fukn roast in Cambodia is done by Ross at Matilda Bar (st 104) Friday nights from about 6pm - $5 all you can eat. Believe me, once you try it you will never worry about Sunday roasts again. It is limited however, he does enough for about 15 people to gorge themselves, so get there early!
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Thanks to all!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

wolfcreek wrote:Thanks to all!
I apologise, but I can't help myself... do you work in packaging? (You know, as a 'crater'?) :ROFL:
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Hotdigr wrote:Ok, its not a Sunday roast, its a Friday roast. But the best fukn roast in Cambodia is done by Ross at Matilda Bar (st 104) Friday nights from about 6pm - $5 all you can eat. Believe me, once you try it you will never worry about Sunday roasts again. It is limited however, he does enough for about 15 people to gorge themselves, so get there early!

Ahhhh ... cross that off ur lists

Went last night and the sign said roast pork, potato and cauliflower cheese $5

At 6:45 after some confusion we got delivered a lamb shank, mash spuds and frozen vegies and a minted mushroom gravy.

Now we weren't told anything but when one of us went to pay the bill was $10 for the meal --- he complained and the Kiwi guy behind the bar said it was because it was lamb shanks and they were more expensive. I agree lamb aint cheap in the Kingdom but we should have been told the meal was double what we thought it was going to be and let us make a decision.

The food itself was like something my mother used to make and she was not the best of cooks.

I wont be back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic