Brothels Under KTV Banner Are Rising Like Mushrooms

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Poster X
Expatriate

Re: Brothels Under KTV Banner Are Rising Like Mushroom

Post by Poster X »

Hope you enjoy the singing .. did he show you through the back ?? What time did you visit ??
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
Poster X wrote:There are brothels/KTVs all over Cambodia .. why are these ones so newsworthy??

Generally speaking, expats don't go to brothels/KTVs because they are filthy holes full of plain, potentially diseased women .. some of them make Sorya Mall look 5 star ..
There is one Cute KTV about 2 doors away from me at Takhmau. The owner invited me in to try the karaoke system and I was amazed at how clean and nicely setup it was inside. 90 % of the customers are older school kids , uni students and people under 30 years old. Haven't seen any of those potentially diseased women , you talk about hanging around the place.
yep agree with you there Duncan, i go to KTV's all the time, plenty like how you mention...
Image Image

in sihanoukville i often go down the shitty plastic seat side street ones with my khmer friends, i know some people that work at them also, just rock up and by drinks like at any other khmer style bar, because its aimed at the locals its really cheap to drink :P not denying that the dingy KTV brothels dont exist though i have stumbled across them before
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Poster X wrote:There are brothels/KTVs all over Cambodia .. why are these ones so newsworthy??

Generally speaking, expats don't go to brothels/KTVs because they are filthy holes full of plain, potentially diseased women .. some of them make Sorya Mall look 5 star ..
KTVs are usually a bit more "upmarket" than the brothels :D

Poster X
Expatriate

Post by Poster X »

I was referring to the kinds of places in the original article .. of course there is a sliding scale depending on how much money you want to pay .. good pics .. cheers ..
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the upmarket KTV's have a very high quality standard of company haha to look at anyway
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic