So I'm finally here in the "Kingdom Of Wonder" (Drink Spiked and Robbed Already)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: So I'm finally here in the "Kingdom Of Wonder" (Drink Spiked and Robbed Already)

Post by juansweetpotato »

juansweetpotato wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:well , back in Thailand i had a filing placed in last week, it got infected, so.....
yea i know, i did ask first but as he had been recommended by a few people , the office was very clean/professional, air con and he did an xray first an showed me the problem and he was very good :-)
Perfect english
Didn't want to shop around, just wanted it done , Its Narayan or something like that on Ekareach road near the total gas station.

I did enjoy Otres 2 , great sunset.

We ate one night on the hill, same place i have eaten since 2006, VERY cheap, i never expect great food for 6-8,000 Riel /dish LOL
I know the dentist. I went in to get a crown glued back on. I asked the price - $10. When I got into the surgery he started saying well it is $10 if you want the bad glue and $20 if you want the good glue. :facepalm: I said OK I'll have the bad glue. His face dropped and he said he wouldn't use the bad glue and that it was going to be $20. F'kin dumb ass crook. I kicked him hard in the balls and broke his nose in 5 places.(in my imagination) :hattip:
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: So I'm finally here in the "Kingdom Of Wonder" (Drink Spiked and Robbed Already)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jaap N. wrote:^Well, the city itself seems to think so...
haha its not going to do well for tourism if they advertise it any other way really is it lol and tbh Koh Rong Samleon is probably the best bay ive been to in the world its stunning (was 3 years ago anyway when i last went)

Sihanoukvilles good for cheep food, cheep beer, cheep living expenses and youve got plenty of beaches to choose from (and islands) from my experience people who live in sihanoukville dont claim it to be the best place in Asia, but it suits their needs, so they are happy, i'm not a big city guy and i love being by the sea, theyre 2 of my biggest needs, its also cheap and i like the chilled out vibe there, so thats why i stay,

but then you get people that keep saying its a shithole etc etc, then get defensive if you disagree, PP is the biggest shithole ive probably ever come across in Asia, if not the world, theres a lot of trash and a lot of poverty, over crowded and a lot of traffic, the place as a whole is pretty grim,
i will admit that the amount of building work going up in SHV is more than id like, serendipity beach is the most least relaxing beach in the world, its worse when all the kids and the touts know you, but there is a good community there (in my social circle anyway)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic