Suicide By Hanging Deaths in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Suicide By Hanging Deaths in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A man attempted to hang himself for two times, but he was saved by his relative both time and then his relative brought him to pagoda and let the monk cure him by watering him with blissing water, however he managed to kill himself in the pagoda

Kandal: according to Koh Santepheap Daily News, A man whose family and relative thought there was a bad spirit inside him attempted to hang himself for two time already but he was saved by his relative, however he managed to kill himself in the their time. He was found hanging around 4:30 am on 25 October 2015 at a pagoda located in Wat Chass village, Prek Dambang commune, Muk Kampul district as he was brought to pagoda by his relative in order to have the monk helped getting the bad spirit out of him.

Spoiler:
Engrish:
Spoiler:
Intended to be bound. 2 monks helped lead to the watering tie. Wat
By: Cynthia pain

Monday, October 26, 2015 09:28 pm

Central Province: family man who believes ghost lead to binding demons. Kill 2 still not decided because they finally tied. himself until 4 pm and last 30 minutes before dawn on 25 October Monastery on the tree in the corner stone in the Old Village Commune sticks Muk time relative to the monks irrigation treatment ghost expelled demons.

Muk local police officers to check the body said the man named Yin Lo, 37, living in the village of brick Prek sticks Muk. Relatives said that on October 22, the man asked her uncle, 49, brings to watering treat monks expelled ghost demons out of the body because this past October during the victim used to bind. kills 2 already be relatives.

Before the scene and logical name Yin uncle had to stay in the monastery to be watered monks and at night the scene, lying near . 4 hours and 30 minutes, when dawn Missouri, she rose from bed to see whether the victims found in the pagoda suddenly tie. himself on the tree was dead and monks also called for help and cut down ground.

Police post canal clubs have partnered with local councilors and technical officials had already found that really tied. Suicide and handed over the body to the family to celebrate the tradition.

Here is an interesting article about Cambodian's belief on suicide by hanging. Written by one of CEO posters.
Personally i still believe that depression and stress is still a new topic for so many Cambodians, especially those who live in the province and remote areas. They really don't believe that depression and stress is an illness that need treatment. It is really hard to explain some of them that people killed themselves because they felt upset, stress and depressed, since some of them believed that there were some other things that urged the person to hang him or herself.

Most Cambodians believed that there was a bad spirit inside the person that hung him or herself. That spirit urged and drew the person to do it. Normally that bad spirit led the person to hang him or herself in the forest. Interestingly, Cambodian believed that before the spirit led the person to kill him or herself, the spirit would gave some hints or did something to let people around that person to notice something, such as the person might had been seen walking with no head. However, if no one didn't see all these hints, the person will end up hanging him or herself. If someone had seen the person walking with no head. She or he will go to tell the person's parents or relatives. Then the parents or relative will go to invite the priest, monks and police to do the ritual (ceremony) to help that person. One thing that they have to be careful is that they have to hide it from that person. No one will allow that tell that person that someone saw him or her walking without head. This will destroy the whole plan and ceremony to help that person.
Continue reading.......................

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/cambodi ... n%20belief
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

3rd time lucky i guess :(
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A man decided to kill himself by hanging and he left a letter for his kids and granddaughter that could bring tear to their eyes

Phnom Penh: A Cambodian man who had chronic illness had written a letter for his kids and grandkids before he hung himself at Tek Meas guest house located in Toul Sengke village, Toul Seng Ke commune, Russey Keo district. He was found hanging around 7:30 am on 26 October 2015.

According to Kampuchea Thmey Daily News, before he hung himself he wrote a letter on his copied family book for his kids and grandkids. Then, around 6:00 pm on 25 October 2015, he checked in a guest house. He stayed in room number 103 first floors. He hung himself with krama.
In this letter, he wrote about his illness situation, his advices and wishes to his kids and grandkids.

His letter in English translation attached below.

Spoiler:

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Phnom Penh: Men with chronic illnesses who wrote a letter word to children and also tied. Suicide guesthouses brand gold water in the village Toulsangke Toulsangke neighborhood Keo district and cause a surprise at about 7 and 30 minutes on 26 October 2015.

Victims named Oeun Sam Ol, 45-year-old male living in the village of Kork neighborhood Toulsangke Keo district.

Reports said that before the incident, the victim wrote a word on family leave his children and at 6 pm on October 25, he went to sleep above Guest Room 103, 1st floor and took scarf tied. tuorneuvis conjunction with doors lead to death.

In a letter read Word and want to shed tears, victims described the condition of his serious illness does not want his children and commit children to love together .... So in order to be more fully aware, please read the following letter word.
Letter

The letter reads:

Dear Kids, from now on, I am far away from you all and I am not able to come back to see you all faces again. I decided to go this way because:

- My illness is becoming worse and worse and most of the time It hurts me so bad

- I don’t want you to think of me and care about me anymore and spend your time with me. You should have time to think about yourself, so I would feel good when I am gone.

- It would not easy if I was living alone.

I hope that you all will love each other and help each other in every circumstance and please send my granddaughter (Nith) to school. So that, she will have good and higher education and have good job and be able to compete with other people in the future society of Cambodia.
At least, I will you all the best and have good luck and I am not here anymore to guide you and please just take my body to Toul Sengke pagoda and do not keep my body long time at home.
24/10/2015
I recorded my voice and i stored in in Gallery in the third folder.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

...another use for a krama

nice letter though, i guess it helps with the families understanding, if i was to commit Hari Kari, then i would have to leave a note
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A student of Baktuk high school hung himself and left behind two letters

Phnom Penh: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, A student of Baktuk high school hung himself in his own house located in at house number 44, street 227, Phsar Deoum Kor, Toul Kork district, Phnom Penh.

He is a 17 years old and studied in grade 11 at Baktuk high school.

According to his sister, they studied together at Baktuk high school and before in the incident happened. She went to study for her extra class and when she came back home. The house was locked from inside and she tried to call her brother and no one answered. Then, she asked the neighbor to look through window and unexpectedly he was seen hanging himself.

She said, the reason that her brother killed himself because he was mad with parents for always blamed him about playing computer games. He left two letters saying he was not happy living in the family and he didn’t receive warmness from the family.

Spoiler:
The first letter reads

My last words
About: The motive of my suicide
Name:………………………………..
Sex: Male
Second child Signature

Details

It is natural when people born, sick and died and no one can avoid dead. We all cannot avoid dead. It is just the matter of time. Sooner or later we will die. Some people were born in poor family and some in rice family and some people were born in family that is full of happiness and some are not.

I was born in a family that is considered to be middle class family and most of my relatives are well off as well. I have never been struggled in life, however I have never fully felt the happiness and warm in my life. My mother provided me warm and is more responsible as a good mother. I appreciated it and I love her so much, however, my dad is bragged person and he is really proud of himself and he focuses on his face and reputation more than anything else. I think that my life is not worth his face. Even though he is trying to help me to reach a goal in life, however I don’t receive the warmness from him. I think, my dad thought that child is supposed to save parent face and bring them fame and if we can’t do it, it is better not to exist in this world. My dad is not responsible for his children as father. He left my stepbrother behind and he has never contacted to him. He said the reason the he abandoned my step brother because my stepbrother didn’t listen to him and already tried his best to help him. However, the reality is different from what he said. He left my stepbrother behind sine he was a kid and then he got married with my mother. He sometime called to my stepbrother; however he had never visited him. Then, when my brother walked in the wrong way and became bad person, he said because he didn’t listen to him. If he read this letter he would not happy as it revealed the truth about him. I will finish it right here and start to talk about myself.

My aunt is a very patient and struggling person and she is the person that I respect and love the most. Even though, she is a woman, but I regarded her as my mother and the head of the family. I hope that she also regarded me as her son. Even though my time with her was short, but I was really happy and my life was full of happiness. I want to tell her that I love her so much.

After listening about story of important person in my life, now let take a look at the reason that I decided to commit suicide.

Here are the reasons:
-It is just the matter of time, sooner or later people will die (50 percent)
-Loneliness and bored (25 percent)
-Upset and Disappointed (24 percent)

According to these reasons, you might have wondered about the meaning of each number (50 percent, 25 percent and 24 percent). I will explain you the meaning below.

(50 percent, 25 percent and 24 percent) are the percentage of me committing suicide following each reason. At first, the percentage of me committing suicide is only 50 percent, however after a long deliberation, I felt more lonely which increased another 25 percent to my exist percentage. Now, the percentage of me committing suicide is 75 percent. Plus, I felt more upset and disappointed which added another 24 percent. Therefore, the percentage of me committing suicide is now 50 + 25 + 24 = 99 percent.

As the percentage of me committing suicide is 99 percent, so I decided to commit suicide. For me, committing suicide is not great, on the other hand, I will be happy, because when I die, I will no longer see and hear everything and I will no longer be upset anymore.

Parents, I am sorry. 
I would like to say thank you for what you provided me.

I didn’t mad at you and aunt for not buying me a new phone and it is not the reason that I kill myself. I decided to kill myself because I understood the meaning of life. Life is problem. Problem is life. No life No problem, No problem No life…………..:) From me xxxxxxxxxx

Stay tune for second letter...................

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A baker hung himself and left behind his wife and kids, Motive is unknown

Phnom Penh: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, there was a shocking event happene around 02”45 pm on 04 November 2015 after a man found hanging in his house located in Toul Kai village, Pleng Chassrotes commne, Sen Chey district. The motive for this suicide is unknown.

The deceased named Saom Beoun, 38 years old, backer.

According to source, his mother walked into a kitchen looking for knife and then she found him hanging. He hung himself with nylon wire. The family of the decease didn’t know what was the motive.

Spoiler:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A man found hanging himself with the tamarind tree

Kratie: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, the body of Cambodian man found near a tamarind tree in the afternoon on 08 November 2015. The man is believed to have mental problem and the motive led to this suicide is unknown.

Spoiler:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

According to Koh Santepheap Daily News

A Cambodian woman came back home after spending time working in Malaysia which caused her to have mental problem. She was upset about herself having mental ill, so she decided to end her life.

Spoiler:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The Indian man killed himself by hanging, Motive unknown

Phnom Penh: According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, an Indian man hung himself at his rented house located at house number 16E2, along street 81, Phsar Thmey 2, Daun Penh district. This horrible moment happened around 3:40 pm on 13 November 2015.
The victim named Guptamangesh, male, 40 years old, Indian and he was a clothes seller. The motive is unknown.
Spoiler:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic