What is the best way from PP(airport) to SHV?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
steevee
Expatriate
Netherlands

What is the best way from PP(airport) to SHV?

Post by steevee »

I land at 8.30 in the morning on the airport in Phnom Penh from Bangkok, Thailand.
From there I want to travel to Sihanoukville.
What is the best way to do this?
Can I take a bus from the airport to SHV?
Do I have to go to PP first?
Can I take a bus the same day or do I better take a taxi to PP, sleep one night in PP, and travel the next day to SHV by bus?
I was told that Capitol bus service (Capitol Tours) is good from PP to SHV. Is this true? Or do I take an other bus company?
Thanks for your help guys. :bow:
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: What is the best way from PP(airport) to SHV?

Post by wackyjacky »

Never done it, but Giant Ibis told me that they would pick me up across from the airport. They leave the Riverside at 9:30. Come to think of it, if you get an e-visa and buy your bus ticket online, you will have time to tuk tuk to the GI office on 106 to catch the bus. Another option is the Mekong Express minibus from O'Russei Market. For me they are 1 and 1A. Giant Ibis has a 12:30 too, if you want to fuck around the Riverside. The big buses all suck because they take too long to get outta PP. They don't pass by PNH either. If you go 3 or 4 kms toward SV you can flag down a big bus. Ruth Mony will stop for anybody.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I think at the roundabout of Chom Choa, you can buy bus ticket there and wait for the bus to pick you up.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

If its in your budget, the best way is to fly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hotdigr wrote:If its in your budget, the best way is to fly.
http://sihanoukville-cambodia.com/about ... rport.html
Cambodia Bayon Airlines lists flights between SihanoukVille and Phnom Penh for $40 to $130, (round trip?) and looks like it stops in Seam Reap on some flights. This make the journey between 35 minutes to 3 hours and 15 minutes. So you might want to check the flight time before booking. ..

But the good new is that you can get a private taxi for a 3+ hour ride from the Phnom Penh Airport to anywhere in SihanoukVille (or back) for $50+. 24/7. Possibly quicker, much cheaper, and much more convenient than taking the half hour to 3 hours and 15 minute flight. (not including going to and from the airport, and arriving early for your flight, and getting out of the airport, and then maybe your final destination in Cambodia). Especially for groups traveling together. Door to door service.
Doesn't give any contacts for the taxi, but you can probably organize it from the airport on arrival. Loads of taxis working the airport now.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

If you just want to get there - walk across the street for a taxi. $40 should do it. If you can't find a cab, tell a tuk tuk driver & he'll find you one. It'll probably cost you an extra $5 though. 3hrs to SV should be no problem. I actually did it in 100 mins once and somehow the driver didn't scare the living shit outta me. Inside the airport parking lot they want $60 min. AFAIK, the flights aren't every day and go up to REP 1st. Makes absolutely no sense, especially in this case IMO. I have to admit that usually take a cab or overnight, debauch myself in PP, & take GI the next day.
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

I have been on the bus when it picked people up across from the airport. The people just seemed to be standing in a busy part of the road waiting for the bus. Since the bus was almost full the 2 large tourists had to sit in the jump seats that spring up in the isle. They looked like they were hating life by the end of the trip.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

personally id get a Tuk tuk into PP $7, stay the night then get a bus ($5) or taxi ($50) down to SHV the next day
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic