What's in the balloons?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
UKJ
Expatriate

What's in the balloons?

Post by UKJ »

The balloons I hear that people buy in Snooky and inhale. What gas is it?

Are they as popular in PP?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What's in the balloons?

Post by beaker »

Nitrous Oxide, laughing gas
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

The have them at the blue dog on street 51 in Phnom Penh.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

beaker wrote:Nitrous Oxide, laughing gas
Highly rated.

Did I mention it's safer than almost ANYTHING?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

I just googled it. It does seem harmless if you get the right gas.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

When I was 16 I worked washing pots and pans in a hospital and friends worked as janitors. They would go into all the rooms to collect the trash and they would go in with empty large plastic bags and fill them with Nitrous, from the operating rooms and just carry them out with bags of real garbage bags. So we had lots of it in bigger sizes no one ever had problems.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I tried it for the first time over Khmer New Years down at the beach. It wasn't for me. It only lasted like 30 seconds and I just got light headed, felt warm and fuzzy for a few seconds and then couldn't stop laughing for about 20 seconds. I looked totally retarded. I also didn't think it was cool when someone fell flat backwards and thank the stars, did not hit the back of their head.

I am beyond okay with recreational drug use, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't understand this. Pass me the spliff anyday.

To each their own. It did seem like a nice little money maker for bars and stuff. They were handing them out for a dollar a pop. Most people do a lot more than 1.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: someone fell flat backwards and thank the stars, did not hit the back of their head.
I read of that happening to someone on the beach at Snooky. Someone said it was because of a lack of oxygen, and that can cause brain damage. Maybe it wasn't the good stuff! That's the problem with buying it in bars. They could put anything in it.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

UKJ wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: someone fell flat backwards and thank the stars, did not hit the back of their head.
I read of that happening to someone on the beach at Snooky. Someone said it was because of a lack of oxygen, and that can cause brain damage. Maybe it wasn't the good stuff! That's the problem with buying it in bars. They could put anything in it.
Nah, they don't adulterate it. Too easy and profitable using the real deal, and it would just cost them business when people go to any of other 6 bars selling it.

It's lack of oxygen, and abundance of being high. They warn you to sit down to do it on the sign behind them, but some don't listen... they should.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Combination of gas and non-air-environment, similar to the Oracle of Delphi of old. No doubt we'll get some prophets coming out of this lot.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic