Thailand visa requirements for Australians

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Thailand visa requirements for Australians

Post by StroppyChops »

Can someone confirm that Australians are visa-exempt for short stays (6 days) in Thailand, flying into DMK, and that a token donation of $30ish USD and more than six months of passport validity is all that is required, please?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand visa requirements for Australians

Post by phuketrichard »

HUH>
u get 30 days flying in and 15 days overland Visa exempt. NO MONEY
u can than apply for a 30 day extensions at any immigration for 1,900 baht
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote:HUH>
u get 30 days flying in and 15 days overland Visa exempt. NO MONEY
u can than apply for a 30 day extensions at any immigration for 1,900 baht
Cheers. I misread something online, it's only certain nationalities that pay the $30ish USD and require VOA. I appreciate your response, Richard.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

PR is correct. Let me emphasize, there's nothing to pay. The Thai officer does, however, have the discretion to ask for proof of money on arrival but I have yet to hear of an example.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote:PR is correct. Let me emphasize, there's nothing to pay. The Thai officer does, however, have the discretion to ask for proof of money on arrival but I have yet to hear of an example.
ONLY EVER been asked when crossing overland from Malaysia ( or u look like a total loser coming in from Cambodia overland) where they are pissed at the thais for not allowing them to drive their tour bus's into Thailand
so it does happen alot down there.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

ExPenhMan wrote:PR is correct. Let me emphasize, there's nothing to pay
Yes. Unless you're from a non-exempt country.
jay26
Tourist

Post by jay26 »

phuketrichard wrote:
ExPenhMan wrote:PR is correct. Let me emphasize, there's nothing to pay. The Thai officer does, however, have the discretion to ask for proof of money on arrival but I have yet to hear of an example.
ONLY EVER been asked when crossing overland from Malaysia ( or u look like a total loser coming in from Cambodia overland) where they are pissed at the thais for not allowing them to drive their tour bus's into Thailand
so it does happen alot down there.

i agreed. and also im sorry if i laugh coz for sure thai and cambodian people are fighting right since the old time?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic