So you drink. Well done, you.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: So you drink. Well done, you.

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote: Be honest, that's hangover related, so OP stands.
dagenham wrote: Dude...we all know that was in copious amounts of glasses that were 90% vodka and 10% OJ - Ha!
Nonsense. I drink 5-10 glasses a day, regularly. It's why I don't get sick here (I believe) and fucking delicious.

Screwdrivers are ok... but not a big fan. If I need a breakfast booze it's a bloody mary, if i need an evening one it's redbull and vodka or a gin fizz.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:P.S. Do you drink? Genuinely curious.
When I do, I have no compunction to post about it as if it is of some interest to anyone else. Just like I wouldn't feel the need to regularly post that "Poster X, poster Y and I finished off 2 full boxes of Snickers candy bars last night." People, men mostly it seems, apparently thinks it's of interest to inform the world that "Poster X, poster Y and I finished off 2 bottles of Cuervo last night."

There is some silly macho thing many men have with alcohol. Read Hemingway. He described in painful, repetitive detail about his protagonists drinking habits in every book he wrote...as if hard drinking makes the man. Nowhere did I suggest anyone stop drinking, Vlad. And my views have nothing to do with any religion.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

We should turn this into a "How much have you drank today?" thread just to irritate soi dog. ;-)
Playboy
Lord Gayboy
Great Britain

Post by Playboy »

OrangeDragon wrote: .. How much have you drank today? ...
A lot more than all you lightweights !
Actively seeking Thai Ladyboys to sexually dominate me. Please inquire within.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Playboy wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: .. How much have you drank today? ...
A lot more than all you lightweights !
Lashed out and had a whole G&T tonight at Alley Cat Cafe, great tex mex.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

The forum Temperance Movement is gathering pace! :D

I don't think anyone thinks drinking is macho , any more than smoking hash is. They just mention it. It would be weird, not to.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

UKJ wrote:The forum Temperance Movement is gathering pace! :D

I don't think anyone thinks drinking is macho , any more than smoking hash is. They just mention it. It would be weird, not to.
That's silly. Alcohol consumption ability is still some lame yardstick many men judge each other by and you know it. I would have thought people would have grown out of that stupidity by their late 20's, for Christ's sake. And why would it be weird not to mention it in forums? I'll stick to my 2 examples. If there is no need for people to repeatedly mention having consumed copious amounts of lemonade or Snickers bars or other such things, which no one does, then why would they feel the need to repeatedly mention how much alcohol the drank, are drinking now, or plan to drink later? It is obviously because they feel it makes them "one of the boys".

This is not a temperance movement, because I don't give a monkey's toss how much alcohol anyone drinks. Nor should anyone else. We've established that no one cares how much anyone else drinks. So why the need to mention it so often in internet forums like it is some badge of honor?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Iamrrjr am kick it DD ereerhhbeb kick it e on tewe ed
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: Be honest, that's hangover related, so OP stands.
dagenham wrote: Dude...we all know that was in copious amounts of glasses that were 90% vodka and 10% OJ - Ha!
Nonsense. I drink 5-10 glasses a day, regularly. It's why I don't get sick here (I believe) and fucking delicious.

Screwdrivers are ok... but not a big fan. If I need a breakfast booze it's a bloody mary, if i need an evening one it's redbull and vodka or a gin fizz.
a) You're far too drunk too often to notice any sickness that might befall you...breakfast booze, eh?

b) all those glasses of OJ = pure concentrated sugar (minutely better than soft drinks because of the vit C) potentially leading to diabetes

Scientific conclusion: you're going to die at some point
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Soi Dog wrote:This is not a temperance movement, because I don't give a monkey's toss how much alcohol anyone drinks. Nor should anyone else. We've established that no one cares how much anyone else drinks. So why the need to mention it so often in internet forums like it is some badge of honor?
Hmmm... why does OD feel compelled to devout a whole thread to pictures of his wife's average looking potatoes and carrots?

Same answer I believe.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic