Salary of High School Teacher Is Rising Up to Nearly $300 In 2016

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Salary of High School Teacher Is Rising Up to Nearly $300 In 2016

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Salary of high school teacher is rising up to nearly $300 in 2016

Phnom Penh: According to thmey thmey news, in 2016, the ministry of education youths and sport of Cambodia will increase salary for teachers in all level. Primary school teacher will get at least $200 dollar per month. Secondary school teacher will get around $250 per month and high school teacher will get at least $300 dollar per month, said by, His Excellency Hong Chunarun, the minister of ministry of education, youth and sport of Cambodia.

Engris:
Spoiler:
Hall: In 2016 the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports will set up more salary to the teachers at each level. Elementary-level teacher salaries will install fewer gains $ 200, a high school teacher salary will increase to about $ 250, and for higher teacher salaries will up to about $ 300. This is a confirmation of the Minister of Education, Mr. Naron.

To know more details Come and listen to a short interview between Kim Sok Lim, CEO of the new electronic media and Naron, Minister of Education, Youth and Sports, as follows:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: Salary of High School Teacher Is Rising Up to Nearly $300 In 2016

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Minister's involved with implementing the decision have already alerted schools that they expect to see 80% of this raise paid in kickbacks up the chain. The other 20% must be paid directly to the school's headmaster.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Unrelated - is there an election coming up?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Just setting the groundwork for the next one at a guess... They don't say when in 2016 the raise will take effect and there will be hell to pay if they reneg on the deal... which I doubt as the election is due in 2017 isn't it??
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I guess school teachers in the private schools will get increases in salaries to compete with those in the Cambodian public schools, which will mean higher fees at all private schools.
Last term I was hit with a $100 plus extra fee for 3 [ of the 4 ] of my girls cause they now have '' foreign '' [ flipper ] teachers.
But not a problem for us OAPensioners that are supported by a nanny state, we are used to living on bread crumbs and water.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Duncan wrote:I guess school teachers in the private schools will get increases in salaries to compete with those in the Cambodian public schools, which will mean higher fees at all private schools.
Last term I was hit with a $100 plus extra fee for 3 [ of the 4 ] of my girls cause they now have '' foreign '' [ flipper ] teachers.
But not a problem for us OAPensioners that are supported by a nanny state, we are used to living on bread crumbs and water.
I note the plural, bread crumbS, there - luxury!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Many private schools try to attract public teachers to work with them too.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic