The Celebration of Water Festival Canceled

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: The Celebration of Water Festival Canceled

Post by Username Taken »

Duncan wrote:Let me get this right,,,
Tuesday 24/11/15 Holiday
Wednesday 24/11/15 Holiday.
Thursday 25/11/15 Holiday

Monday 23/11/15, Not a holiday, but no-one will be at work
Sunday 22/11/15 Normal day off
Saturday 21/11/15 Normal day off.

Friday 26/11/15 Not a holiday, but no-one is going to go back to work for one day before the week-end.
Saturday 27/11/15 Normal day off.
Sunday 28/11/15 Normal day off.
I believe you've Nailed It, Duncan.

:Yahoo!:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

So they won't close the roads? Thank fuck for that. My apartment was locked in last time and I had to walk all the way to the pickled parrot and stay there drinking for 3 days.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:Let me get this right,,,
Tuesday 24/11/15 Holiday
Wednesday 24/11/15 Holiday.
Thursday 25/11/15 Holiday

Monday 23/11/15, Not a holiday, but no-one will be at work

Friday 26/11/15 Not a holiday, but no-one is going to go back to work for one day before the week-end.
Saturday 27/11/15 Normal day off.
Sunday 28/11/15 Normal day off.
i think you need to check the day dates on your dates mate lol
here i edited the dates and put them in order for ya mate....

Monday 23/11/15 Not a holiday, but no-one will be at work
Tuesday 24/11/15 Holiday
Wednesday 25/11/15 Holiday.
Thursday 26/11/15 Holiday
Friday 27/11/15 Not a holiday, but no-one is going to go back to work for one day before the week-end.
Saturday 28/11/15 Normal day off.
Sunday 29/11/15 Normal day off
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

AM, It's rainy season. No need to worry about drought. Hehheh just a heavy rain, there will flood in the city then flow it into the river and share to provinces. :-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

If I had a kid, s/he would ask me" mummy ! Are you Cambodian? is Dad Cambodian too? Why I'm not Cambodian?"
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
asp
Expatriate

Post by asp »

What in God's name does your previous post have to do with the OP? Damnable facebook mentality.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

prahkeitouj wrote:AM, It's rainy season. No need to worry about drought. Hehheh just a heavy rain, there will flood in the city then flow it into the river and share to provinces. :-)
If I had a zebra, I would paint the black bits white, glue a toilet roll tube to its head, cover it with glitter, and sell it as a unicorn.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:

The directive states that "the preparation for the Water Festival in the provinces can be held normally, following tradition and based on the ability of the organizing authorities."
Did I get this right ? Water levels are ok for the festival in the provinces, but not in PP ?
Not quite. You missed the important bit at the end of the sentence, "based on the ability of the organizing authorities".
Ability meaning which party controls the province.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:

The directive states that "the preparation for the Water Festival in the provinces can be held normally, following tradition and based on the ability of the organizing authorities."
Did I get this right ? Water levels are ok for the festival in the provinces, but not in PP ?
Not quite. You missed the important bit at the end of the sentence, "based on the ability of the organizing authorities".
Ability meaning which party controls the province.
Thanks for the translation. I could see it was in code, but I'm not yet fluent in officialspeak.
Do we know which provinces could have a water festival according to this "ability" ? Most smaller towns sound like a more appealing destination than PP anyway.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

StroppyChops wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:AM, It's rainy season. No need to worry about drought. Hehheh just a heavy rain, there will flood in the city then flow it into the river and share to provinces. :-)
If I had a zebra, I would paint the black bits white, glue a toilet roll tube to its head, cover it with glitter, and sell it as a unicorn.

If I had a zebra,,,, I would paint the white bits black. and glue a '' bum gun ''to it's head and mate it to your zebra and end up with baby ??????? what ever.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic