Living well, cheap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Living well, cheap

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

agreed
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Samouth wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:what does one learn from photos of motorcycle accidents and blood and gore that are shown over an over?
other than ,
ohh for the grace of god, go I
Hey Richard, you actually learn a lot from those videos and pictures. You learn that the traffic in Cambodian is really bad and there are so many stupid drivers and they are really selfish. So, you are more careful when travelling in Cambodia.

This answer has to be a pisstake right?
no not at all, its a valid point, it raises awareness, espeshially to those that are less educated, even with my western upbringing, seeing all the vids and pictures i do certainly makes me more aware of the roads out here :good:
Bullshit, u can show millions of videos an deaths
no Cambodian./thai will be affected, as they truly believe they can do what they want an it wont happen to them
you ever see how they enter an intersection? dont even bother looking both ways, just fucking goooooo.

It the religion... if its your time ...... its ur time....
Don't get me wrong. Isn't this another generalization. Even though most Cambodians don't respect traffic law, that doesn't mean everyone doesn't respect the law. I can speak for myself. I do respect traffic law and i personally believe that seeing all these videos and pictures can raise the awareness of people about driving.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote:
It the religion... if its your time ...... its ur time....
Actually, it's quite the opposite. The local belief is that dying a violent death will result in one becoming a "malingering spirit."
Silence, exile, and cunning.
iluvu
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by iluvu »

I forgot I posted here, but I agree with vlad. There's deals to be had you just need to look around. My go to breakfast is either the pork belly sandwich for 2000 or a regular noodle soup near psar kilo 4 for 6000 now.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Cooking at home is the way forward, pork, as above, is always cheap if you want meat, do stews on a portable gas stove, means that if it's chewy it doesn't matter. I buy fresh from the stall in front. Where they have the exotic fly farm. As long as it's cooked through after having a bit of a rinse you'll kill off any bugs. Also chillis will kill off most bugs, let it keep for ages and they're cheap to add to the dish, you'll probably get a few free with your veg. Learn to love spicy food.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I'm kind of avoiding portable gas stoves.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

This song embodies the whole thread, I can almost see juansweetpotato doing this, in fact he looks a little like Calvin Russell in real life

Guy goes into a restaurant and orders 'One meatball' then asks for bread with it.

Been there, done that myself, not recently, thankfully.

Chords Am/Amsus/F/E for those interested

Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic