Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 34913
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1903
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Phnom Penh: On August 04, 2018, at 11:30 am, a 32-year-old woman, S***** Chanthy, hit her 8-year-old daughter, S** Sreysros, and tried to take her to commit suicide by running into cars.

The local people said that the woman was very drunk when she got out of the tuk-tuk and she hit the little girl. Then she tried to pull the girl on to the road to commit suicide by running into a car. Bystanders detained the woman and filed a complaint to the police.

The woman's story was very sad. She said that her husband had left her, she was pregnant and nearly ready to give birth, she had no money and can not borrow from anyone, so she got blind drunk and took her daughter to commit suicide with her.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
kocdim
Expatriate
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:41 am
Reputation: 29
Fiji

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by kocdim » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 pm

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm
Phnom Penh: On August 04, 2018, at 11:30 am, a 32-year-old woman, S***** Chanthy, hit her 8-year-old daughter, S** Sreysros, and tried to take her to commit suicide by running into cars.

The local people said that the woman was very drunk when she got out of the tuk-tuk and she hit the little girl. Then she tried to pull the girl on to the road to commit suicide by running into a car. Bystanders detained the woman and filed a complaint to the police.

The woman's story was very sad. She said that her husband had left her, she was pregnant and nearly ready to give birth, she had no money and can not borrow from anyone, so she got blind drunk and took her daughter to commit suicide with her.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Really sad story. Although the faces are blur the lady and the girl they look both very pretty.
xandreu
Expatriate
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am
Reputation: 499
Great Britain

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by xandreu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:13 pm

No money but enough money to get blind drunk?

Sad story. Stupid question I know, but I'm right in assuming there is next to no government social care here? Hopefully a charity or one of the Christian ministries will prey, I mean, take pity, on them. I hope they get things sorted.
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by that genius » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Yes, you're right in that assumption.
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 3007
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 539
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by cptrelentless » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:01 pm

xandreu wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:13 pm
No money but enough money to get blind drunk?
2000r for 500ml of rice wine gets you fucked up.
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 1039
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 333

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by violet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:49 pm

kocdim wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm
Phnom Penh: On August 04, 2018, at 11:30 am, a 32-year-old woman, S***** Chanthy, hit her 8-year-old daughter, S** Sreysros, and tried to take her to commit suicide by running into cars.

The local people said that the woman was very drunk when she got out of the tuk-tuk and she hit the little girl. Then she tried to pull the girl on to the road to commit suicide by running into a car. Bystanders detained the woman and filed a complaint to the police.

The woman's story was very sad. She said that her husband had left her, she was pregnant and nearly ready to give birth, she had no money and can not borrow from anyone, so she got blind drunk and took her daughter to commit suicide with her.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Really sad story. Although the faces are blur the lady and the girl they look both very pretty.
Oh, yes. So much sadder because the people involved are pretty .....
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13974
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2186
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm

violet wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:49 pm
kocdim wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:51 pm
Phnom Penh: On August 04, 2018, at 11:30 am, a 32-year-old woman, S***** Chanthy, hit her 8-year-old daughter, S** Sreysros, and tried to take her to commit suicide by running into cars.

The local people said that the woman was very drunk when she got out of the tuk-tuk and she hit the little girl. Then she tried to pull the girl on to the road to commit suicide by running into a car. Bystanders detained the woman and filed a complaint to the police.

The woman's story was very sad. She said that her husband had left her, she was pregnant and nearly ready to give birth, she had no money and can not borrow from anyone, so she got blind drunk and took her daughter to commit suicide with her.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Really sad story. Although the faces are blur the lady and the girl they look both very pretty.
Oh, yes. So much sadder because the people involved are pretty .....
Pfft... please, nobody gives a fuck if ugly people die!
"Survival of the Fittest" as they say...
Fit
Adjective
In good health, especially because of regular physical exercise.
British informal
Sexually attractive; good-looking.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fit
:roll: :wink:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 1039
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 333

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by violet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Are you serious?
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13974
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2186
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:24 pm

violet wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:26 pm
Are you serious?
Image
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10695
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2149
Tokelau

Re: Woman Takes her 8yo Daughter to Commit Suicide

Post by Anchor Moy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:30 pm

violet wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:26 pm
Are you serious?
No, he's from around Lancashire somewhere I think. They don't speak English so it be normal that you don't understand. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Morris, Apollo91881, Bing [Bot], crob, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hope345, Ingvar 7788, IraHayes, Kammekor, samrong01, siliconlife, Soriya and 384 guests