Woman Almost Murdered Over 36,500 Riel Debt

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Woman Almost Murdered Over 36,500 Riel Debt

Post by Anchor Moy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:19 am

John Bingham wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:58 pm
It's the principle that matters. How would you feel if you were a simple villager and someone loaned you 36,500 and then blamed you and looked down on you just because you wouldn't give it back?
Since I could never pay back the loan, I would probably feel like inviting the person that loaned me the money for a dark walk in a banana plantation with my machete. :assasin:

To be fair, the guy might well have only borrowed 20,000 riel originally, and the rest is the interest payment that piles up each week or month. That might make you want to reach for a machete.
SaigonBilly
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Woman Almost Murdered Over 36,500 Riel Debt

Post by SaigonBilly » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:44 am

Apexisto wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:02 pm
Inzman wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:20 pm
Crazy shit!
Sounds more like crazy ice shit :D
:hattip:

Oh No!!
:shock:
nothing is free, everything has a Price and that's what hurts.
%) =@
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic