White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:27 am
Reputation: 1163
India

White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by prahocalypse now » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 am

The barang, who has been doing business in Cambodia for many years, was on his way to the airport. Four thieves on two motorcycles stole his backpack, which is said to be worth more than $30,000.

Image

Image

Image


http://www.arey-news.com/archives/245206
User avatar
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:27 am
Reputation: 1163
India

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by prahocalypse now » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 am

The backpack may have been one of these crocodile leather backpacks made by Louis Vuitton.
Image
User avatar
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
Posts: 729
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 am
Reputation: 269
New Zealand

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by Heng Heng Heng » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 am

$80000+ for a real one.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 805
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by bolueeleh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 pm

white guy robbed, brown girl cries, yellow guy celebrates
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4534
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 989
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by hanno » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:11 pm

prahocalypse now wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 am
The barang, who has been doing business in Cambodia for many years
which is said to be worth more than $30,000.
Something doesn't add up.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm
Reputation: 230
United States of America

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by angkorjohn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:42 pm

hanno wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:11 pm
prahocalypse now wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 am
The barang, who has been doing business in Cambodia for many years
which is said to be worth more than $30,000.
Something doesn't add up.
maybe the contents were worth $30k? I've had to carry that much for some purchases in the past and I'd always make sure I caught transport a good way away from the bank when I had it.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4534
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 989
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by hanno » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 pm

angkorjohn wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:42 pm
hanno wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:11 pm
prahocalypse now wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 am
The barang, who has been doing business in Cambodia for many years
which is said to be worth more than $30,000.
Something doesn't add up.
maybe the contents were worth $30k? I've had to carry that much for some purchases in the past and I'd always make sure I caught transport a good way away from the bank when I had it.
Personally, I would not get on a bike or Tuk-tuk with that sort of cash/valuable goods in a bag.
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 1930
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 790
Korea North

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by fax » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:47 pm

He's a CEO member. We're not allowed to run stories about us. Someone delete this thread quick!

Image
epidemiks
Expatriate
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm
Reputation: 368
Australia

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by epidemiks » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:41 pm

BKKtrapper is in Cambodia, BKKtrapper is looooaded. Therefore, victim must be BKKtrapper
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: White Guy Robbed on Monivong Blvd

Post by that genius » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:54 pm

What a doofus, seriously.

Insurance scam attempt?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyKK, cptrelentless, Ghostwriter, GMJS-CEO, Google [Bot], GUS, IraHayes, John Bingham, lurcio, PSD-Kiwi, shnoukieBRO, Spigzy and 555 guests