COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by timmydownawell »

I'm a bit confused because initially they referred to Pedro, and then Zando, and now Pedro again. Is it both stores?

In related news, the police confiscated a number of chairs from the Eric Kaysar opposite Zando in BKK1 yesterday, because they felt customers were not sitting far enough apart. (source: FB)
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by John Bingham »

Is it both stores?
Sure is, and even a Carl's Jnr I didn't even realize existed.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Is it both stores?
Sure is, and even a Carl's Jnr I didn't even realize existed.

Me either. I assumed they meant the one on 51 in BKK1 as it's close to Zando.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Josideb wrote:Mass testing conducted at Olympic Stadium linked to the Nov 28 community

Outside the Olympic Stadium this morning, some people did not queue and tried to rush in to get their samples taken, but authorities were there to get them to stand in line.
Testing center at Olympic

No social distancing.

Great way to get the virus.

(Head slap)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Latest from the 115 hotline...

If no signs or symptoms,
DON’T go to get tested.

The coordinate responses keeps getting better and better.
PPUG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PPUG »

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

When it rain, it pours...

All Pedro and Zando shoppers to quarantine at Sokha Hotel.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Somebody said the coordinated responses were getting better.
Are they? or is it turning into the nonsensical chaos that many of us feared?

Khmer group hysteria is a bit of a thing, and false rumours fly like termites in May.
That ain't gonna help.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:50 am Somebody said the coordinated responses were getting better.

Khmer group hysteria is a bit of a thing, and false rumours fly like termites in May.
That ain't gonna help.
Tell you what Stern, I read the tabloids and this site, all online, in some kind of safety at home, go to the supermarket when need, but after midnight, not many people shopping that time, but food panda works a treat just now. Yesterday the landlady's sister only one I see with a mask when she calls for the rent monies.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:36 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:50 am Somebody said the coordinated responses were getting better.

That ain't gonna help.
Tell you what Stern, I read the tabloids and this site, all online, in some kind of safety at home, go to the supermarket when need, but after midnight, not many people shopping that time, but food panda works a treat just now. Yesterday the landlady's sister only one I see with a mask when she calls for the rent monies.
but food panda works a treat just now

Those guys interact with a lot of people and handle a lot of dirty cash (tuks picking their noses then giving you change). That's where you shield has a big hole. I would be doing some home cooking as much as possible if you are trying to shield.

Knock up a curry!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic