Danish Man FRITZ ​HEGNER Dies of Drug Overdose in St 172 Guesthouse

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Danish Man FRITZ ​HEGNER Dies of Drug Overdose in St 172 Guesthouse

Post by jah steu »

It’s showing positive (single line) for methamphetamine - commonly known locally as ice or yamma.
It’s showing negative for amphetamines and opioids (e.g. heroin).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Danish Man FRITZ ​HEGNER Dies of Drug Overdose in St 172 Guesthouse

Post by Username Taken »

Yeah, positive for Methamphetamine.
The third one is OPI, Opiates.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

jah steu wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:33 pm It’s showing positive (single line) for methamphetamine - commonly known locally as ice or yamma.

One line is the control line and one is the test line. Why is the positive shown as a single line only and the negatives are shown as two lines. That seems counter intuitive. Also, what are the other drugs that are tested for?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:31 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:15 pm What is this showing positive for? The product code is DOA74005 Panel-3 Test but I can't seem to find what 3 drugs it is supposed to detect.

Gonna venture out on a limb here and say Meth.
It's showing a positive on 2 of the 3 panels
Only the middle one is positive.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:45 pm
jah steu wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:33 pm It’s showing positive (single line) for methamphetamine - commonly known locally as ice or yamma.

One line is the control line and one is the test line. Why is the positive shown as a single line only and the negatives are shown as two lines. That seems counter intuitive. Also, what are the other drugs that are tested for?
It shows you on the right hand side. At the bottom 2 lines is NEG, next one up is 1 line POS, and the last two are invalid - either one line at the bottom or no lines.
The middle things show, from the top OPI, MET, AMP.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

We test our bar staff if we suspect they are users, so I’ve got used to reading the results. This girl tested positive for meth and speed. They get two weeks grace and if they don’t test clean after that they are out.

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

jah steu wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:23 pm We test our bar staff if we suspect they are users, so I’ve got used to reading the results. This girl tested positive for meth and speed. They get two weeks grace and if they don’t test clean after that they are out.

I'm sure that you're aware, but a great many OTC items and prescription drugs can flag a false positive for speed or meth.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Jerry Atrick wrote: I'm sure that you're aware, but a great many OTC items and prescription drugs can flag a false positive for speed or meth.
Yes, especially here in Cambodia where almost anything is available without a prescription. The girl confessed after the test to using yamma so there was no doubt in her case.

numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:15 pm What is this showing positive for? The product code is DOA74005 Panel-3 Test but I can't seem to find what 3 drugs it is supposed to detect.

It's a multiple drug panel test (combo test card) for Meth/Opiate
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

jah steu wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:23 pm We test our bar staff if we suspect they are users, so I’ve got used to reading the results. This girl tested positive for meth and speed. They get two weeks grace and if they don’t test clean after that they are out.
Interesting! Out of curiosity, can those test kits be bought at any pharmacy, and what's the price for one?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic