Man Arrested at Vietnam Border with Fake Seychelles Passport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Arrested at Vietnam Border with Fake Seychelles Passport

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, (Svay Rieng): A foreign man of uncertain nationality was apprehended by Cambodian immigration authorities at Bavet International Border Gate with Vietnam, at 6:05 am on February 26, 2020, when he was found to be traveling on a counterfeit passport. The man was using a fake passport which identified him as DENNIS TRAN aged 34, of Seychelles nationality. His real name and nationality has yet to be determined.
He has been referred to the Investigation and Procedure Department of the Bavet Immigration Department for further investigation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Man Arrested at Vietnam Border with Fake Seychelles Passport

Post by Duncan »

Let me guess. He is Chinese and has been here before and was deported. A quick check through the fingerprints on Imm computers would probably show something.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Duncan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 am Let me guess. He is Chinese and has been here before and was deported. A quick check through the fingerprints on Imm computers would probably show something.
Lol. :thumb:
Should we expect mass immigration from the Seychelles now ? Wonder how many more of these Seychelles passports they have for sale to gullible deportees. :plus1:
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Nice disguise...........

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Duncan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 am Let me guess. He is Chinese and has been here before and was deported. A quick check through the fingerprints on Imm computers would probably show something.
He's up to no good. Nobody except criminals travel on fake passports. Or idiots, but he doesn't look particularly dumb. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Is that border less relaxed then the one to Ha tien?

When i came back from Ha tien the guy who check that you got stamps before entering were busy so i just rode past him one time. Looked at him so i could stop if he reacted but he didnt so i just went along my way back to Kampot.

Get bike in Vietnam. Cover up a little so you look like one of those guys who ride unhindered in and out through Cambodia all day long and just go. If hes just banned from Cambodia, might be, well then thats a easy way in.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Apparently they did! It worked!!!!!

But when 20% of the planet is Ethnic Chinese can be difficult.

However Seychelles...... :lol: FFS
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic