American Tourist TAYLOR LEWIS Detained for Flying Drone in Restricted Area

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American Tourist TAYLOR LEWIS Detained for Flying Drone in Restricted Area

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 19, 2019, at noon, a 28-year-old American tourist, TAYLOR DEAN LEWIS,male, was detained for flying a drone on the restricted area in front of the Royal Palace, on street 184, Sangkat Chey Chumneas, Phnom Penh.
The American man launched his drone camera directly in front of the Royal Palace, which is a restricted area, strictly forbidden to drones. Police went to the scene and detained the American man and confiscated a drone MAVIC2, two batteries, an iPhone 11 pro, and a bag.

The police then sent Mr Lewis to the department of Anti-Cyber Crime to follow the legal action.
Tourists and foreign residents are advised to ask about restricted zones and ask permission from the authorities before flying drones in Phnom Penh.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American Tourist TAYLOR LEWIS Detained for Flying Drone in Restricted Area

Post by Matty9999 »

I wonder how far out do you have to be to fly a drone in PP? Drone pilot here.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Matty9999 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:03 pm I wonder how far out do you have to be to fly a drone in PP? Drone pilot here.
Koh Rong island
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Matty9999 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:03 pm I wonder how far out do you have to be to fly a drone in PP? Drone pilot here.
If you do a search it should be easy to find the map, I've posted it before. It covers a whole lot of the capital.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Beeznus
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Beeznus »

Potentially further, Thailand is my answer.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:16 pm
If you do a search it should be easy to find the map, I've posted it before. It covers a whole lot of the capital.
Might be this one ask-the-expats-questions-answers/drones ... 20669.html
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Did you fly military drones?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Marty wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:41 pm
Big one came down last year in Koh Kong, did they find the owner?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:52 pm
Could be the owner is Matty9999. Notice how he clammed up here when I asked him, just like he clammed up when people probed a little deeper about his "special friends."
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Marty wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:03 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:52 pm
Could be the owner is Matty9999. Notice how he clammed up here when I asked him, just like he clammed up when people probed a little deeper about his "special friends."
Unless he is a military spy, the one I mentioned probably is not belonging to him.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic