News and Legal Advice

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

News and Legal Advice

Post by lostjeremy »

My father in law was murdered in Steung Meanchey just a few hours ago. The asshole who did it is a cop with a rich family. He wanted to sing a karaoke song, my father in law said he wasnt done yet... 3 shots.

Is there any legal representatives with higher up connections in town who can work with prosecutors to make sure this dip shit doesnt get off easy?

Edit News links....

https://www.khmerload.com/news/68117

Last edited by lostjeremy on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
coffeedrinker
Tourist

Re: News and Legal Advice

Post by coffeedrinker »

Omg, sorry for your lost.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

lostjeremy wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:40 am My father in law was murdered in Steung Meanchey just a few hours ago. The asshole who did it is a cop with a rich family. He wanted to sing a karaoke song, my father in law said he wasnt done yet... 3 shots.

Is there any legal representatives with higher up connections in town who can work with prosecutors to make sure this dip shit doesnt get off easy?

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk
Sure there are.

But really, media coverage and refusal of the deceased's family to accept compensation from the perps family is worth much more than. Link CEO to the news story and it will be a start.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Jerry Atrick wrote:
lostjeremy wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:40 am My father in law was murdered in Steung Meanchey just a few hours ago. The asshole who did it is a cop with a rich family. He wanted to sing a karaoke song, my father in law said he wasnt done yet... 3 shots.

Sure there are.

But really, media coverage and refusal of the deceased's family to accept compensation from the perps family is worth much more than. Link CEO to the news story and it will be a start.
Editted original with links

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I see it's been shared 810 times already.

And the perp oesn't look rich. Pretty sure he's going away - unless the deceased's family accept "compensation"

Up to them, I guess.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

This story is just unbelievable, so sorry for your loss :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Jerry Atrick wrote:I see it's been shared 810 times already.

And the perp oesn't look rich. Pretty sure he's going away - unless the deceased's family accept "compensation"

Up to them, I guess.
Remember the old saying dont judge a book by its cover...
His dad is a 4 star
His brother is a high ranking cop and multiple business owner.
The place this happened was in his brothers resturant.

Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Do you know how many four star generals there are? They're not that special anymore. Your best best is to get all Khmer Facebook savvy relatives to spread the word to the news outlets and especially get it shared on Facebook. Request cctv footage (unlikely) etc. Guys like that don't get off as easy as they once did. Good luck, I hope justice is served.
Last edited by Bitte_Kein_Lexus on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Appreciate it... Hope you're right.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Sorry for your loss BUT
why are u getting involved? assume ur a Barang. Let your wife and the family deal with it or you may find yourself unwelcome in Cambodia soon.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic